We're barely out of summer 2015/16 but already the 2016/17 outdoor beer festival season is starting to take shape.
Among the first to declare is a new event for Melbourne: Brewers Feast, which will take over the beautiful grounds of Abbotsford Convent for two days in October.
It promises to be a little different from most, and not only because of the location; just a dozen Victorian breweries have been approached to exhibit while there's a strong focus on the food side of things, particularly on the Friday evening when the entry price includes a tasting plate and beer food experts on hand to help you find the best pairings from the beers on offer.
- The Friday Night Beer & Food Tasting Adventure is from 6pm to 11pm.
- It features live music from local artists including Michael Moss, who has performed alongside the likes of Billy Joel, The Richie Family, Richard Clapton and Australian Crawl.
- The Saturday Beer and Food Festival runs from midday to 9pm.
- It features live music from local artists including Woodlock, Harrison Storm, Jed Rowe and The Hunter Express.
- Moon Dog
- Two Birds
- Hawthorn Brewing Company
- 7 cent Brewery
- Mornington Peninsula Brewery
- Mountain Goat
- Cavalier Brewing
- Southern Bay Brewing
- Albatross Brewing
- Prickly Moses
- Watts River Brewing
You can also check out Flying Brick Cider Co.
Abbotsford Convent is at 1 St Heliers Street, Abbotsford.