Braeside Brewing Co is a new brewpub opening in Melbourne's southeast, featuring a 500-litre brewhouse, 12 taps and a fully-operational kitchen.
If you want to lead all things beer for the new brewery, they're seeking a head brewer.
Job Description: Head Brewer
Seeking a versatile, experienced brewer interested in taking ownership of the brewing side of a new startup. This brewpub based in Melbourne’s South East is a new state of the art 5Hl brew-house to support an in house bar and kitchen. The bar has up to 12 taps providing the successful candidate an opportunity to be creative with recipe designs.
- Work independently on hot and cold side of production from ingredient reception through packaging.
- Record keeping: Brewing data, fermentation, QA/QC, lab, packaging, inventory (front and back of house).
- Opportunity to represent company and interact with customers in tap room and at festivals.
- Operate and maintain a 5Hl brew-house and associated tanks.
- Inventory and ingredient management
- Recipe development
- One to two years commercial brewing experience required.
- Brewing degree not required but considered favorably.
- Lab/micro or chemistry experience/understanding valued.
- Understanding of ATO procedures and processing.
- Experience in cellaring and brewing production valued.
- Strong technical understanding of brewing process and sanitation.
- Experience with tools valued.
- Experience with sanitation and cleaning systems valued.
Skills and Traits:
- Passion, Integrity, Honesty, Dependability, Attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and results driven with a commitment to quality.
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements of running a brew-house for full shifts – safely lift, climb stairs, clean, kneel, use ladder at heights, etc.
- Personal curiosity in improving systems.
- Desire to have a positive impact on customers.
- Interest for the brewing industry and community.
- Building the company Brand.
The successful candidate will NOT ONLY be given licence to shape product development, but also supported in pursuing their long-term career aspirations.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send us your CV's to: email@example.com.
Applications close July 5, 2019.