Newstead Brewing's Milton site houses their main production brewery and an 800-capacity venue that sits across from Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium.
If you're an experienced venue manager, they're looking for someone to run it.
JOB DESCRIPTION: VENUE MANAGER
We’re on the hunt for a gun Venue Manager to join the team at our Castlemaine Street brewpub.
Newstead Brewing Co is a local, independent, family owned and operated brewery that advocates all things quality and community. After five years of operation, we are looking to reinvest in innovation, and shake things up within our two brewpubs.
67 Castlemaine Street is a busy, 800+ pax, seven-day-a-week venue that specializes in great beer and great food as well as local, independent wine and spirits.
This is an amazing opportunity to work with a growing, local business interested in local suppliers, quality food and beverage, and a genuinely unique customer experience. We are looking to drastically reinvigorate the Castlemaine Street brewery, and opportunity exists to have a significant input into new features of the venue.
The ideal candidate will oversee the evolution of the venue, as well as day to day operations, planning events, forecasting, innovating and leading a vibrant, energetic and dedicated team. The successful applicant will offer genuine, friendly, customer-orientated service. Current RMLV and Approved Managers licensed preferred.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Solid experience in the food and bev industry
- Hands-on attitude with enthusiasm and passion for the independent beer segment
- Dedication to local suppliers and excellence from spirits to food
- Ability to innovate and develop new ideas/strategies to improve our offering
- Leadership skills and ability to work alongside a small team
- Detailed knowledge and adherence to RSA, Licensing and Food Safety requirements
- Ability to promote healthy staff culture and education
- Embracing the core values of Newstead Brewing Co: Quality and Community
- Ensure a high standard of customer service and hospitality
- Strong understanding of independent beer, wine, spirits and food
- Working with our head chef on menu development and food direction
- Stock control
- Understanding financials and cost control
- Coordinating and overseeing functions
- Event planning and execution
- Reporting to and working with the General Manager to achieve annual budgets & goals
This is a full-time role. Applicants must be able to work days, nights and weekends as per their role commitments. We believe and insist on a healthy work-life balance and are flexible where reasonable. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and passion.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications close at 11.59pm on September 6, 2019.