Bickford's are a South Australian beverage company who have a history that stretches back to 1839.
If you'd like to join the independent business, the team is looking for a distillery site manager for Renmark's Twenty Third Street Distillery.
Job Description: Distillery Site Manager
The Bickford's Group is an independently owned collection of companies based in Adelaide, South Australia. From humble beginnings back in 1839, we now have a footprint in over 39 countries. The team at Bickford's are proud to offer the highest quality beverage products to consumers, bringing them both traditional and cutting edge innovations. Everyone at the Bickford's group of companies strives to deliver upon the corporate values of integrity, empowerment, collaboration, pride and accountability.
The recently restored Twenty Third Street Distillery, built on the existing foundations of the original Renmark Growers' Cooperative site dating back to 1914, is a balance of both old and new. This is reflected in the traditional brandy styles from the House of Black Bottle, while the brand of Twenty Third Street offers new adaptations on spirits, giving the successful incumbent plenty of creative licence!
Located in Renmark, in the Murray River lifestyle area of the Riverland in South Australia, the distillery is a three hour drive from Adelaide – enjoy a river change and make your mark in this key Distillery Manager role!
ABOUT THE POSITION
A rare opportunity exists for a passionate and qualified site manager to join our boutique team as we continue our growth to become Australia's largest privately owned beverage company.
Experience as a winery, brewery, distillery or other beverage production site manager will be highly regarded.
Reporting to the Operations Manager – Regional Sites, this key leadership position is responsible for driving the end to end operations of production at the distillery to support the production and supply of Gin, Brandy, Whisky and other alcohols, ensuring efficient, and cost effective operations. To be successful you will be a hands-on operator and have an interest in craft beverage production.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and guidance to all team members including managing, developing and maximising the team's performance
- Management of the distillation to meet packaging operations in conjunction with the group: productivity and efficiency, scheduling, purchasing, warehousing, budgeting, blending, spirits and transfers
- Manage safety and environmental controls, including customs commodity control to required standards
- Champion the site continuous improvement program, identifying and implementing safe and efficient ways of working
- Ensure routine preventative maintenance schedules for the facility are developed and implemented
- Liaise with key stakeholders on technical analysis and maturation of spirits including assisting the team with research and development associated with the production and blending of spirit
- Establish and maintain systems to ensure all relevant information and reporting meet statutory requirements
To succeed in this position you will possess the following:
- Qualifications in a science discipline, distilling, brewing, winemaking or manufacturing and operations management
- Five (5) + years distilling, brewing, winemaking or equivalent experience
- Appreciation of lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement programs
- Experience managing an operational site
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to think laterally to solve issues
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet multiple deadlines
- Able to bring cross functional teams together
- Strong ability to lead, develop and motivate an effective small team of people
- Possess outstanding organisational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in writing policies and procedures and completing compliance paperwork
TO APPLY AND OBTAIN FURTHER INFORMATION
To apply, please submit your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday July 22, 2020. Previous applicants need not apply.
- Work in an Australian owned, innovative organisation
- Directly influence the production of gin and other alcohols
- Staff pricing on our fantastic product range