One Drop Brewing Co launched in Botany little more than 18 months ago but have already built a reputation as one of the best young breweries in Australia.
If you'd like to join them as an assistant brewer, they're hiring.
JOB DESCRIPTION: ASSISTANT BREWER
Do you have a genuine love of beer, a bit of industry experience under your belt, an excellent work ethic, and a good soul?
Come and join one of Sydney's fastest-growing craft breweries.
Who we are
We are a small, hardworking, dedicated team with big plans and large growth ahead in 2020/21. Opening in 2019 as a first in our area, we are always busy brewing up something. Whether it be our award-winning core beers, unique seasonals, our avant-garde experimental beers, or exploring our new barrel cellar – and we need a helping hand!
Who you are
First and foremost, you love of all things beer-related with an infectious passion. You love creating good vibes, working hands-on, and being a part of a growing and diverse team. You have a strong work ethic, high standards, an exceptional eye for detail, and an uncanny ability to make the most of your time without supervision. You are fiercely driven and excited to come to work to learn, create, and push yourself every day. You’re a top-notch person who loves what they do and does what they love.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Let’s make sure you tick all the boxes below:
- Legally permitted to work in Australia.
- Minimum one year experience in commercial brewing/packaging/cellar operations.
- A positive working attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Comfortable working in a small, close-knit team.
- Adaptable to a quickly changing schedule in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
- A strong passion for quality and consistency across everything you do.
- Physically capable of comfortably lifting 25kg.
- Strong ability to learn, take notes, and follow procedures.
- Willing and able to work mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Tank CIP cleaning + sanitation.
- Keg cleaning and filling.
- Assisting our canning partner in setting up, operation, and clean down.
- Quality and daily checks on product.
- Assisting in wort production.
- Pallet loading and wrapping.
- Performing stocktakes and maintaining inventory quality.
- Maintaining brewery maintenance and cleaning schedules.
- Receiving and unloading raw materials.
- Milling and preparing ingredients for production.
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
- Representing the brand and engaging customers at events (online + in-person) and at our taproom.
- Running brewery tours, tastings, and private beer events.
- Bottling, racking, filling, and tending to our barrel program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Lots and lots and lots of cleaning.
- Any formal education in brewing and/or Fermentation Sciences. A technical brewing qualification (IBD/Siebel/Tafe) is preferred.
- Have an understanding of Excel, Word, Google Suite, and other standard programs for brewery functions.
- Hold a valid NSW RSA card.
- Hold a valid Australian Drivers Licence.
- Hold a valid Forklift licence.
*A diploma, certificate, or other advanced education such as mechanical maintenance or engineering will be looked on favourably. Along with any relevant studies you have completed in biology/chemistry, or any plans you may have to do so in the future.
The successful applicant will be part of a small team in a fast-growing craft brewery with ample opportunity for learning, growth, and an open career path.
Reporting directly to the Head Brewer, this is a full-time salaried position. Remuneration will be based on relevant skills and experience.
If you’d like to join us, we would love to hear from you, so please send your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com.