Black Brewing are based in Western Australia's stunning Margaret River region and operate after a rather impressive cellar door.
If brewing in such a location sounds like a dream, they're hiring a head brewer.
Job Description: Head Brewer
Black Brewing Co is an independently owned boutique brewery, located in the heart of the beautiful Margaret River Region in WA's South West. Since 2015 we have been producing a range of core beers across a variety of styles as well as seasonal, limited and experimental releases, from our unique 10HL system. With an exciting vision for the new year ahead, we are looking for a passionate brewer to join our team and be a part of our growing business. In a region surrounded by first-class breweries, wine and food, there is no better place to call home.
The Head Brewer is responsible for all aspects of the beer production processes and day-to-day operations of the brewery. You will have at least 3 years experience in a commercial brewing role. You will have the opportunity to develop your own team and work closely with our distiller.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about beer and quality. You will be prepared to take on any task that requires your attention. We need someone who can be a great team player, but is also able to work independently.
As well as a salary commensurate with your experience, we provide daily meals and initial accommodation to facilitate your move to the region.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Daily operation of all brewing processes, including brewing, cellaring, filtration, and packaging. • Oversight of the trainee brewer.
- Reporting and record keeping.
- Quality control
- Taste & sensory training for team members
- Raw materials and packaging forecasting and ordering
- Oversight of the water treatment facility
- Oversight of the brewery waste treatment facility
- Warehouse & dispatch management for brewery
- Development of new beers.
- Inventory control.
- Occupational Health & Safety and compliance with food standards
- Manage maintenance schedule for the brewery
- Cleanliness of the brewery, warehouse and brewing office.
- At least 3 years commercial brewing experience
- Computer literacy: word and excel. You will receive on the job training in our inventory management system Unleashed.
- Drivers licence
- Fork lift licence preferred but not essential
- Mechanically minded
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia
To apply for the position, please forward your letter of application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.