3 Ravens are Melbourne's longest-running indie brewery, have been collecting a swag of trophies in recent years and like to run fun events at their Thornbury home.
They're after a new bar manager. Could that be you?
JOB DESCRIPTION: BAR MANAGER (MELBOURNE)
3 Ravens Brewery is on the hunt for a Bar Manager!
Established in 2003, 3 Ravens are pioneers of Australian craft beer and Melbourne’s oldest independent brewery. We love to explore the world of flavour with innovation, creativity and fun being the heart and soul of the brand. Our regular flock of drinking beers are pale, hop forward and sessionable and brewed for everyone to enjoy whilst experimenting with technique and challenging traditional perceptions are key components of our ever evolving array of specialty beers. Here’s to passion, hard work, good times and the 3 Ravens potion for human happiness - great beer!
A small bar at the brewery with an eclectic style and rustic appeal. Our bar has ten taps showcasing an ever-evolving range of beers including our caw range, seasonal releases and other concoctions. The emphasis is on great beer, local spirits, wine and a great vibe. We currently open the roller door three days a week and run regular events including our brand new street festival-like pop up beer garden that’s running every weekend throughout summer out the front of our brewery bar.
The roles key responsibilities are:
- Being the face and personality of 3 Ravens Brewery Bar
- Delivering exceptional and memorable customer service
- Curating and executing annual internal and external events
- Organising and managing functions, tours and masterclasses
- Controlling food and beverage menus, inventory levels and costs
- Designing and rolling out engaging marketing content
- Rostering, recruiting, training and mentoring staff
- Keeping the space and equipment clean, hygienic and always looking its best
- Striving to achieve and exceed budgets and KPIs
- Generating weekly and monthly reports and analysing performance
- POS and online shop maintenance
- Managing online shop orders
- Highly passionate about hospitality
- Ambitious, creative, full of initiative and goal driven
- Have a strong understanding of craft beer and the industry
- A natural at building rapport with people
- Have experience managing functions and events
- Have sound knowledge of beer systems
- Confident working autonomously and as part of a team
- Competent with technology and social media platforms
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Have strong back of house skills
- An advocate for efficiency and improving processes
- Minimum of 3 years management experience
- A valid RSA and Food Safety Supervisor certificate
- Ability to work weekends and nights
If you’re ready to delve into a role that encourages creativity and allows you to develop the space, then apply now!
To apply please email a cover letter and resume to Nathan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close January 31, 2021.