Meletos is a much-loved Yarra Valley destination that's home to weddings, dining, a providore and its own brewery.
If you're an experienced brewer, they likely want to hear from you.
Job Description: Brewer
We’re looking for an experienced, self-motivated, energetic brewer to join our Meletos team and assist us in an operational brewing role and front of house weekend brewery manager.
At Meletos we pride ourselves on quality, it’s at the forefront of everything we do.
You’ll be laser-focused on ensuring the production of beer meets the brewing schedule to produce authentic, natural and innovative beer. You’ll also be willing and able to jump right in and run the bar on a weekend.
You’ll report to the founders and be integral in executing our brewing schedule, assisting team members with following procedures, keeping the brewery running efficiently, maintaining order and cleanliness, and ensuring a safe and sanitary brewing environment.
As a Brewer, you’ll liaise with Sales, Marketing, and the Hospitality Manager to ensure the schedule meets our demand with the right products and help to tell the story of each unique beer we brew.
You will also spend time being creative – the successful candidate will be one who looks forward to creating new seasonal beers and selling them throughout our venue.
Additional responsibilities for this role are:
- Managing the production of the brewery to meet the brewing schedule with first-class beer
- Planning and executing brewing schedules in line with business demands
- Assist in managing the tasting and bar facilities and running the silo as yours
- You will learn the art from our current Head brewery with a clear succession plan in place to take over the space in the coming months
- Reviewing processes with an eye to improving efficiency, quality, and safety
- Updating brewing records
- Reviewing brewing records to identify process improvements
- Fielding deliveries, customers queries, and interdepartmental queries
- Liaising management to ensure the right beers are being brewed
- Liaising with Marketing to ensure labels are accurate and marketing content is authentic and correct
- Maintaining accurate inventory levels of draught and bottled beer for our venue
- Overseeing the running periodic maintenance reviews on equipment, and performing or scheduling servicing as needed
The successful candidate will be:
- A natural leader
- Passionate about craft brewing
- Proficient in Excel
- Self motivated and ambitious, with a passion for learning
- A team player, with an open and inclusive mindset
- Able to comfortably multi-task
- A beer connoisseur with an exceptional palate
- Organised and has the ability to look ahead
- Manual drivers license
- Have a valid license to operate a forklift
- Mentally sharp and physically fit (comfortably can manoeuvre a full keg with a trolley
- Equally comfortable owning the bar on a weekend and selling the craft.
This role is a full time, salaried position with excellent opportunity for career progression. Previous experience is required.
The position is available immediately, and we will hold the role for the right candidate.
To apply, please email email@example.com.