Stomping Ground operate a substantial production site from their original home in Collingwood but it's not often the brewery runs an advertisement for a new production team member.
If you're an experienced brewer seeking a rare opportunity, they're hiring.
JOB DESCRIPTION: EXPERIENCED BREWER
We love great beer. We love making it. We love sharing it. And of course, we love drinking it! Having launched almost five years ago, Stomping Ground Brewing Co has brought brewing back to its original stomping ground of Collingwood, Melbourne. We are extremely passionate about beer and hospitality and are exceedingly proud of the growth and progress we have made so far.
Here at Stomping Ground Brewing Co, we put our community at the heart of everything we do and we’re now looking for the next person to join our family! In a newly created role in response to increased production, we are searching for an experienced brewer whose skills and passion meets our own.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Brewery worker at Stomping Ground you will be responsible for a whole range of tasks on any given day including but not limited to:
- BREWING! Effective use of brewhouse, consistency with brews (inc hitting targets and specs) and ability to follow recipes
- Participate in our sensory panel
- Effective and thorough cleaning of all equipment used before and after every task
- Beer fermentation monitoring and accurate record-keeping at all stages
- Transferring finished beer
Being an employee at Stomping Ground we expect that every task undertaken is completed with the utmost degree of care and precaution for your own personal safety and that of the other employees that are working beside you. We also expect that beer quality is always at the forefront of your approach to the entire process.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- A demonstrated safety-first approach
- High mechanical aptitude, problem solving skills and always moving
- Formal brewing qualification (addition of a Science or Engineering Degree and Victorian Forklift Licence would put you above the rest)
- A strong work ethic and passion for beer!
- Positive, collaborative and solution focused outlook
Whilst our brewery is still young, we live and breathe our passion for this industry. We want our company values to be reflected in the opportunities and growth we aim to provide for each employee. To reflect this, we are looking for people who respect equality in everything they do, strive for better sustainability practices, and positively add to our culture.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality regardless of success of application.
Applications will close on April 25 2021, however, we will screen applicants often so apply ASAP!