Wayward Brewing are based in Sydney's inner west, where they make a range of colourful beers and seltzers too.
If you've got a background in marketing and looking for to join a growing craft brewery, they're hiring.
Job Description: Marketing Coordinator
Wayward Brewing Co is looking for an enthusiastic full-time marketing professional to join our branding and marketing team, reporting to our Creative and Marketing Director.
Wayward is a rapidly expanding brewery, crafting award-winning beer and hard seltzer in Sydney’s Inner West.
As a close-knit team we love working (and socialising) together to create high quality beverages that are enjoyed by millions of Australians and distributed to thousands of bottle shops and venues across the country.
About The Team
Wayward’s award-winning marketing department develops strategy and creative for direct to consumer campaigns to generate brand awareness for both the Wayward beer and W Seltzer brands.
Marketing also supports the sales and bar teams, creating marketing collateral to promote our products in bottleshops, assisting with events and activations, marketing new product launches, and driving direct to consumer sales at the Wayward Taproom and Wayward Merch Store.
Wayward manages all branding and marketing in-house, and we’re looking for an enthusiastic all-rounder with a drive to learn and develop within a high-performing team. This is a fantastic opportunity to have your ideas heard, let your creativity shine and see a real impact on the business through the work you do.
The Marketing Coordinator role involves working within the immediate team, whilst supporting the wider business. The role can be broken down into the following responsibilities:
- Utilise design and copywriting skills to write and build engaging EDMs for both trade customers and consumers
- Managing the social media accounts for both Wayward and W Seltzer, demonstrating a strong visual eye and ability to write to the brand tone of voice
- Keeping the Wayward website up to date with new photography, product releases and events
- Assisting the Creative and Marketing Director with campaigns through design support
- Supporting the bar team by creating posters and online events for Taproom events - Creating promotional and POS material to support the sales team with new product launches and in-store activations
- Designing bespoke signage for bottle shops and venues to promote Wayward beer and W Seltzer
- Ordering marketing collateral from preferred suppliers in time for product, campaign or event launches
- Keeping the Wayward Merch Store up to date with new merchandise and beer releases
- Creating ads and promotions for customers to help drive Wayward Merch Store sales
Events and Activations
- Creating promotional material to promote Wayward’s presence at beer festivals or trade customer events
- Assisting the sales team to help create pop-up bars and in-store or in-venue activations when necessary
Plus any other tasks and ad hoc requests as directed by the Creative and Marketing Director.
Skills and Experience
As an integral part of a small team within a wider business, you will be able to work autonomously with excellent organisational skills and a strong attention to detail. You will be a clear communicator and an effective team player that can manage competing priorities and work towards meeting deadlines.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- At least two years of experience working in a similar role
- Proven ability in designing marketing collateral to brand guidelines
- Proven ability in copywriting to a brand tone of voice
- Experience working with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign)
The following skills would be highly advantageous:
- Experience with Wix and Shopify, or similar content management systems - Experience with Mailchimp or other email marketing platforms
- Photography experience
Above all, we are looking for a self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative, with a passion for branding and marketing and a willingness to learn.
- Flexible working hours with the option to regularly work from home
- Fortnightly beer allowance + a free clock off beer after each day
- Merch allowance
- Family and friends Taproom discount
- Competitive salary
- Fun and friendly staff with regular company social events
Please send CV and portfolio (if you have one) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close May 3, 2021.