Deeds Brewing are moving ever closer to the opening of their Glen Iris Taproom and are ready to start filling positions in their kitchen.
There's a number of roles starting in the coming weeks, including for front of house and chef positions. Details for the front of house roles are available here, while the chef positions are below.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Sous Chef, Sr Chef de Partie, Chef de Partie, Commis Chef
We are looking for chefs of all levels to join our exciting new taproom kitchen. Work under our highly skilled Head Chef to establish a brewery food program unparalleled in Australia. This is a chance to learn from a true expert in beer and food matching and cooking with beer in a fun, respectful kitchen environment.
The taproom is designed to showcase the Deeds Brewing range of beers and food will be a key part of this. So much more than smashing out burgers and pizza, this will be a seasonal, contemporary menu showcasing the best local products, with an emphasis on working with beer and beer ingredients in new and interesting ways.
We will also be running regular beer and food matching events and dinners and have the opportunity to work with the brewery team using local ingredients to make great beer.
- Competitive salary
- 4 day work week
- 38 hours, all overtime paid
- Train station just a block away
- Minimum two years commercial kitchen experience
- Great attitude, friendly demeanour and eagerness to learn
- Clean work habits and focus
For Sous Chef and Sr CdP positions:
- Full understanding of food costings and stock management
- Great organisational skills and operational knowledge
- Mature, respectful leadership style
- Strong beer knowledge or eagerness to learn quickly
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.