Hawke's Brewing Co was launched by a couple of mates with the backing of the late Bob Hawke with the former Prime Minister's royalties helping support Landcare Australia.
Later this year the brewing company will have its own home and before that happens, they're hiring a new brewer.
Job Description: Junior Brewer
As Hawke’s approaches its biggest milestone yet, with the impending opening of our fully-operational brewery in 2021, it’s time to recruit a full-time Junior Brewer. The brewer we are looking for is someone with a true passion for making great quality beer and having a good time in the process.
Working at Hawke’s Brewing Co. goes beyond having ‘just another job’. Our small but rapidly expanding team works hard to foster a company culture. A culture built on the community-centric values of Bob Hawke – generosity, inclusivity, ambition, authenticity and good honest hard work. Values that continue to drive his legacy, as we look to build an iconic, national beer brand that brings Australians together over beautiful beers, all while giving back to the environment via our charity partnership with Landcare Australia.
We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and actively encourage applications from any background.
More specifically, the key responsibilities of the role include:
A Junior Brewer is a key team member in delivering the production requirements of the brewery, from the brewhouse to the packaging line. You will be mentored and trained by the Head & Senior Brewers and assisting them with the day to day operations of the brewery. You will be trained in brewhouse, cellar, lab and packaging operations with a clear career path towards becoming a Production Brewer and/or Senior Brewer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Head & Senior Brewer in brewhouse, cellar, lab & packaging operations, whilst undertaking training to become fully competent
- Warehousing & stock takes
- QA Checks and Analysis
- Recording and documenting brewing data
- Representing Hawke’s at events and functions
Qualifications and Requirements:
As Junior Brewer you will be assist the Head & Senior Brewer in ensuring the production requirements of the brewery are met
Your Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 1 years experience in a production brewer role;
- Passion for creating great quality beer
- Currently training in some or all brewery operations
- Studying General Certificate in Brewing or equivalent;
- Forklift licence;
- Safety first attitude;
- Self motivated and proactive;
- Excellent work ethic;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Great problem solving ability;
- Exceptionally high level of honesty, integrity, commitment, and responsibility;
Please submit your CV and cover letter in PDF to email@example.com by July 16, 2021.