Alchemy Brewing are based in a light-filled venue that's popular with locals in Melbourne's beer-centric suburb of Brunswick.
If you'd like to join them, they're hiring both a bar manager and bartenders.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BAR MANAGER
Alchemy Brewing Co are looking for a dedicated bar manager to take the reigns of the venue.
We are looking for a seasoned professional who wants to make the bar their own, who is a natural leader and can manage a team in a positive yet efficient manner.
A knowledge & passion for craft beer & hospitality, as well as knowledge of the Melbourne/Australia craft brewing industry is essential. Ideal candidates should also be efficient multitaskers and good communicators, with a positive can-do attitude and fun & enthusiastic demeanour.
Ideally, we are looking for someone that will help us grow & also grow along with the business. Alchemy Brewing is just getting started and there are plenty of opportunities to expand what we offer.
As part of this role, your responsibilities will be to:
- Facilitate the efficient running of the venue.
- Ensure customer service is delivered in a friendly and professional manner.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment for both our guests and team.
- Help us create a positive and skilled team to assist you in running the venue.
And exhibit the following attributes:
- Proven management experience in a similar environment.
- A keen interest & knowledge of craft beer.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A positive, friendly and fun manner.
- A natural ability to engage with our local community & regular guests.
To fulfil the role, the successful candidate will also have:
- Responsible service of alcohol certificate
- The right to work in Australia
- Minimum of five years of bar and/or hospitality experience in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication
- Flexibility in availability to work within the venue’s operation hours, including weekends and late nights.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BARTENDERS
Alchemy Brewing Co are also looking for bar staff to fill the ranks, full time and part time positions available.
Whilst experience is not essential the main prerequisite is a love of all things beer and an outgoing and friendly personality.
All interested applicants should email their CV along with a cover letter, and the answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is currently your favourite Melbourne Brewery & why?
- What is the best Australian beer you have tasted this year / or something that you can’t wait to try if you haven’t had the chance yet!
Submissions close August 31, 2021.