Tallboy & Moose's Preston brewpub regularly fills with locals and sees them serve their fresh beers with the modern Scottish delights of Wee Man's Kitchen.
If you'd like to help run it, they're hiring a bar manager.
Job Description: Bar Manager
Who the Heck is Tallboy & Moose?
Located in Preston, Tallboy and Moose is the brewpub brainchild of Dan (who’s really tall) and Steve (who’s really Canadian) – two beer-crazy mates who have been brewing, selling and drinking craft beer in and around Melbourne for ages.
We brew top-drawer beers on site and run a converted warehouse-style venue that with 160 inside and 60 outside can cater to all types. We love fresh froth with new brews coming out pretty much every week, but also pour good local wines and keep a tight cocktail list in the mix. On site at Tallboy & Moose we have a beer garden for sunny sippers, fireplaces for bad weather brews as well as couches and tables for your average groups of friends, after work drinkers or folks who happen to have a love of beer in common.
You're experienced in hospitality and love pouring pints and learning all there is to know about brewing beer. You are ready for something new where you can take your skills to the next level, becoming part of the core team as we continue to grow this amazing brewery that has just had a little refresh and is ready for the next chapter.
We believe this is a unique and wonderful position for an experienced Bar Manager. We are looking for someone with a talent for customer service, a great attitude towards the job and someone who wants to take the next step in their hospitality career. We are looking for someone who can handle working at a fast pace, late nights and on the weekends during our busiest time and has:
- Passion for beer
- Can-do attitude
- Experience in functions/events management
- People-focused leadership style
- Minimum two years venue management
- Current RSA
- COVID Vaccinated
Love beer? Looking for a career move you can get excited about? Then read on, this is a fantastic leadership role, offering ample training and professional development. If your passion is to lead a team whilst having a hands-on role within the beer industry then this is for you.
We are seeking an experienced Bar Manager to join the beer loving team ensuring that all employees are equipped to provide guests consistent welcoming and passionate service.This is a full-time role, Wed-Sun, and we are looking for a professional hospitality staff member who wants to commit to our team and keep driving us forward.
Day to day expectations
- Venue and staff management/training
- Communicate with bookings and functions
- Financial Responsibility
- Overseeing stock control and assisting with product quality controls
- Working alongside marketing on venue events
- Ensuring facilities comply with health and safety regulations whilst maintaining a great physical appearance
- Maintaining strong cross-departmental communication channels with production, sales, marketing and accounts.
What we offer
- $60-70,000 based on experience + 10 percent super starting salary
- KPI based bonus structure
- Phone and Laptop
- Cicerone (beer sommelier) certification program
- Opportunity to create & brew your own beer through our training program
- Any further training and development you would like to undertake please let us know! We what to give you the tools you need to succeed
If this sounds like you, get in touch with us. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so please send through a resume and your availability to Susanna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tallboy & Moose is all about great beer and great people. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply.