Ballistic Beer make a broad range of beers, including their ultra-fresh Sleep When Your Dead series and not-so-fresh barrel-aged Bunker Project.
If you'd like to help them make their beer, they're hiring.
Job Description: Brewer
Ballistic Beer Co. is a multi-gold medal-winning brewery based in Salisbury, Brisbane. Our main production brewery is in Salisbury, with 3 other breweries and an off-site barrel and wild ferment facility across Brisbane, Bundaberg and Airlie Beach.
We believe great beer has the power to bring people together and grow communities. We are passionate about crafting and delivering the best possible beer experience to everyone. We promote our core values at every opportunity – Fostering community, striving for quality and excellence, seeking continuous improvement, and always ensuring we show care, acceptance, and respect.
We have an opportunity to join our brew team as a Brewer.
About the Role:
As a Brewer at Ballistic Beer Co, you will be a part of and responsible for all areas of beer production including :
- Brewing, Plant CIP, Yeast Handling, Centrifuge/filtration, raw material and chemical handling
- Performing secondary brewing tasks, including milling and grain out
- Completing all quality actions as assigned by Head Brewer, Team Leader or Quality Brewer
- Keg filling and cleaning
- Cellar and fermentation management; including tank sampling and analysis
- Rotating shift work. We operate 5 days a week but rostered weekend work is sometimes required (Fermentation Checks)
- Record keeping
- Manage projects as delivered by Quality manager, relating to HACCP , product quality control and site safety.
- Forklift operation
- General plant cleaning
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Previous commercial brewing or relevant brewing experience
- A serious passion for beer and understanding of brewing and packaging processes
- Great Work Ethic
- Forklift Licence (or be willing to attain one ASAP)
- Great interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Availability to work flexible hours when needed.
- Willingness to perform additional duties to facilitate the brewing operations, as needed
You will be mentored by a highly knowledgeable Brew Team and Head Brewer.
This is a full-time opportunity based at Salisbury. For further information, please contact Kerie at firstname.lastname@example.org, via mobile 0408 275 807.