BentSpoke have brewing in Canberra for eight years and in that time, they've become one of the country's best-loved breweries.
If you'd like to join them at their production site in Mitchell, they're hiring a brewery assistant.
Job Description: Brewery Assistant
Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Taking the familiar road can rob life of its flavour. So, at BentSpoke, we take a more adventurous route, knowing all too well that we will bend a few spokes along the way.
BentSpoke Brewing Co. is a Canberra-based Independent brewery that puts ‘bending the rules’ at the heart of our brand. We turn the best ingredients into high quality, intriguing and approachable beers to be enjoyed all around Australia. After 8 years of sustainable growth, we remain fiercely independent, immersed in our local communities, and actively pursue our vision of providing a world class beer experience.
We are seeking a proactive, reliable, and motivated individual to join our Production team based in Mitchell as a Brewery Assistant! About the role:
Reporting to the Production Manager and when required to the Head Brewer, your responsibilities will include assisting in the production of BentSpoke Brewing Co products including Cellaring and other Brewery Operations incl, packaging, cleaning, laboratory and limited logistics coordination in the BrewPub and the Cannery (Production Brewery).
In addition, you may be required to perform such duties as the CEO and Ownership Group reasonably requests from time to time.
Cellar Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to all cellar Occupational Health and Safety
- Assist with ensuring the brewery cellar, cool rooms, other areas, and all equipment are kept in a safe and hygienic state.
- Assist in all quality control measures and procedures.
- Assist in the filling and cleaning of kegs.
- Assist in all beer processing procedures. Including but not limited to - Yeast processing, dry hopping, ingredient preparation, tank cleaning, centrifuge operation, etc.
Brewery Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Brew team to ensure production is in-line with current goals and demand.
- Assist with Brewery Maintenance ensuring preventative maintenance and cleaning of all plant and equipment is performed to manufacturers specification and records are kept for break downs, services, and all work carried out.
- Assist in maintaining Brewery Record Management ensuring accurate records are kept for brewing, packaging, raw materials, work in process, finished goods and excise records.
- Assist with the packaging of all BentSpoke products by:
- Packing on the production line when needed.
- Ensuring product quality and consistency.
- Maintaining a high level of hygiene and sanitation across all packaging processes.
- Ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and Brewery Occupational Health and Safety procedures.
- Assist, when necessary, with cellar duties/stock movements with respect to external events.
Other duties as directed from the Production Manager.
What will YOU bring to the role?
- Passion for Craft Beer
- Mature attitude, honesty, loyalty and exceptional work ethic
- Sound communication skills
- Tertiary Brewing Qualifications desired but not essential.
- Previous experience in brewing and packaging desired but not essential.
- Forklift license desired
Why is being a BentSpoke Brewery Assistant the route for you?
- An attractive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Beer Education
- Working for one of Australia's leading independent brewers
- Assist in the production of Australia’s Number One craft Beer, Crankshaft!
If you want to take the adventurous route and bend a few rules, APPLY NOW!!!