Bad Shepherd recently revamped their food menu under their experienced Pit Master Kyle.
If you'd like to join him in his never-ending quest to master American comfort food, he's hiring someone in either a part or full-time capacity.
Job Description: Chef
We are Bad Shepherd Brewing Co., a microbrewery and BBQ smokehouse restaurant located in the bayside suburb of Cheltenham, Victoria. We're passionate about the simple things in life, like craft beer and comfort food.
To that end, we are seeking a qualified Chef to join our team in creating delicious comfort food and American BBQ.
This is an opportunity for someone to join our new Head Chef in elevating our BBQ to the next level whilst learning new or honing existing skills under an experienced BBQ Pit Master. This role has ample opportunities for growth in a fast-moving, exciting environment that is rewarding, nurturing, and focused on ensuring great work/life balance, staff culture, and making sure you are the priority. This role is could be part or full-time depending on the applicant with some flexibility.
About The Role
You will be responsible for supporting and assisting the head chef in all aspects of running the kitchen and food service.
Our ideal candidates will possess the following experience:
- minimum two years relevant kitchen experience in a similar establishment
- demonstrated knowledge of food hygiene laws and safety regulations
- working with or an interest in learning American BBQ and smoking techniques
You are passionate, focused and enjoy delivering a pleasurable and memorable experience for guests. You will possess the following attributes:
- the ability to work in a fast paced environment while keeping your cool
- hardworking (of course) and flexible
- ability to manage the kitchen in the head chef's absence during key service times
- a positive can-do attitude and work ethic
- punctuality and immaculate personal presentation
- ability to take direction and learn from others
- ability to work lunch or evening shifts, including the weekends.
- available for an immediate start
If you believe you have the skills and experience for either of these roles, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com.