Would you like to spend your days brewing with new hop varieties and fruits you've never heard of?
One Drop Brewing offers such opportunities and much more and if you'd like to brew for them, they're hiring.
Job Description: Brewer
We are looking for a full-time experienced brewer to join our tight-knit production team. You will work very closely with the production manager to ensure the highest quality products are being produced while assisting to ensure the production schedule is kept on track, no matter the challenge.
With professionalism, quality, and safety at your forefront, you will assist in the precise and efficient day-to-day operation of our production facility in Botany, NSW. In this endeavour, you will have a team relying on and also helping you, and as an integral part of this team, your key responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Cellar management.
- CIP of tanks, brewhouse, centrifuge, and canning equipment.
- Daily checks on all products.
- Tank farm management.
- Training and operation of a CODI canning line.
- Overseeing and operating of packaging equipment (Canning/Kegging).
- Preventative and routine maintenance.
- Heaps of cleaning.
- Occasional Wort production.
- Work collaboratively as part of a team to deliver a quality product and customer experience.
- Comply with safety policy and procedures, with particular emphasis on cleaning, and the use of equipment and machinery.
- Continuously improve skill set by taking advantage of learning and development opportunities.
- Following all SOP’s and improve existing and implement new SOP’s when required.
- Basic lab work/cell counting.
- Quality control & assurance.
- Data input and immaculate record keeping.
- Constant and consistent cleaning of the production facility.
- Assisting in the production and packaging operations of the distillery.
- Maintaining and cleaning all equipment.
- Brand ambassadorship.
- Brewery tours.
- Beer tastings.
- Assisting with representation at & setting up events.
- Occasional weekend work.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Formal education in brewing, distilling, or in a relevant field.
- Canning / packaging experience is highly desirable.
- Valid NSW forklift licence.
- Valid RSA.
- Valid Driver's Licence.
- Good understanding of Excel, Word, and other software applications for brewing and record keeping.
- Full, unrestricted working rights in Australia.
For an experienced brewer, this is an exciting opportunity to grow your career and join an incredibly creative team and highly innovative brand.
We’ve some big plans ahead, so if you’re a self-starter, highly driven, work well both in a team and on your own, embrace change, and are an all-round good human then please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.