Who put the fun in funky? There's a good argument to be made for the Blobfish Festival, a celebration of all things wild, sour and, well, funky.
After its post-lockdowns return in 2022, the organisers are hiring an events manager for the 2023 festival.
JOB DESCRIPTION: EVENTS MANAGER
We are looking for an experienced Events Manager to run our annual Blobfish Beer & Food Festival – the date is tentatively set for Saturday 22 July, 2023.
Ideally you can work across a five month period March to July. We anticipate your weekly time on the project to be smaller in the first two months, and building as we get closer to event day. We are flexible with how this role is structured - you could be a contractor or part part employee.
Supported by and reporting to Hop Nation’s Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of event management, including:
- Venue sourcing, contract negotiation, logistics
- Sponsorship - development of sponsorship packages, sourcing sponsors, delivering on benefits, reporting
- Ticketing - managing software, sales and reporting
- Budget management - we’ve got one, we need you to work within its parameters!
- Entertainment/MC - sourcing and coordinating
- Theming - creative flair to make the venue pop!
- Exhibitors - correspondence with participating breweries, food vendors, and our on-site bottle shop partner (this is an invitation-only festival)
- Social media - building hype, profiling breweries, managing enquiries
- Website - building a basic two/three page site where festival goers can find out all the relevant information
- Merchandise - work with our designers to develop fun Blobfish merch
- Print and design - work with our designers to develop required festival guides, etc.
Importantly, you will be the key contact on event day responsible for the smooth running of the festival.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Relevant experience in event management
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude and a flexible approach to teamwork
You’ll work alongside the Hop Nation Brewing Co. team as part of our crew, and you’ll also enjoy:
- Flexible work arrangements with offices in Mornington and Footscray + options to WFH
- Family-friendly benefits
- A healthy and safe environment
- Working with an environmentally conscious brand
Hop Nation Brewing Co. values equal opportunity and enjoys a diverse and inclusive work environment. Applications are encouraged from those who live with a disability, identify as LGBTQI+, are of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, and people of all other cultural backgrounds.
To apply, send your CV and a short cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Monday 6 March, 2023.
We encourage all interested candidates to apply as soon as possible because we will review applications as they arrive and will invite suitable candidates to interview before the closing date.