Holgate are one of Australia's true brewing pioneers and the family-run brewery can be found in Woodend.
If you'd like to join them, they're hiring.
Job Description: Supply Chain Manager
Holgate has expanded our brand reach and production output through recent capacity upgrades. Our beer is getting into the hands of beer lovers everywhere and we need someone who loves people, good beer and providing great service to help us continue that trend. We are looking for an experienced person with logistics, supply-chain and customer service skill-set to take on this holistic role and join the culture of Holgate to connect our customers to the beer that we make and love - full-flavoured, refreshing ales and lagers "straight-from-the-gate." This is your chance join the team as we grow the business both nationally and export, working with the owners to continuously improve our systems and processes and implementing best practice.
The Holgate Family: Since 1999 we have been making beer entirely ourselves, bold and brimming with character - carefully constructed with authentic, natural ingredients. From its early origins until the brewery found a home at High Street Woodend, our ales have been Australian owned and 100% independent. The Founders, Paul and Tash, have fostered a culture of innovation and creativity - through provenance, authenticity, and hospitality we aim to demonstrate that small business can have sustainable and significant growth while maintaining integrity and ideals in both brewing and marketing practices
The Role: An integral member of our Planning Team, the Supply Chain role is focused on bringing pivotal process and operations together, providing the vital connection linking our customers with our brews. It involves coordinating Supply Chain of raw materials and finished beer - between our brewers, our sales team, 3rd party warehouses and Contract clients – ensuring our operation ticks over like a well-oiled machine. Managing key relationships with suppliers is a must, as the role requires coordination, purchasing and delivery of printed/branded packaging materials together with the many other inputs required for production of FMCG.
The right person for will demonstrate the following attributes:
- A demonstrated experience in logistics, purchasing, warehousing, order entry & coordination and customer service activities.
- A relationship person who finds it easy to relate with people and has a service orientated attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, be IT savvy and ideally experienced in accountancy soft-ware.
- Proficient in Excel including pivot tables
- Able to work independently with strong time management skills, whilst also meeting KPI's together with the sales and operations teams
- Equally at ease in front of the screen crunching out or counting stock in the warehouse, or liaising with contract Clients and managing relationships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning And Scheduling, keeping tabs of SOH vs sales and planning ahead accordingly
- Purchasing and coordinating logistics for RMs and packaging ; Stock Movement and control: From the moment our brewing team get the liquid gold into the bottle or keg, it becomes your responsibility
- arranging and booking freight services for the daily ins/outs from the brewery, in both RMs, Packaging and finished goods.
- entering and tracking movement of stock through our inventory soft-ware
- Inventory control, including physical stock-takes at the brewery and other Vic warehouses for raw materials, packaging and finished stock
- Order coordination - Liaising with our sales team and contract clients, entering orders for despatch and coordinating with our 3rd party warehouses around the country to ensure Delivery of product.
- Keg Tracking – ensuring correct and timely tracing of our kegs around the country, and ensuring adequate supply of Kegs, pallets and other incidentals required for production.
What's on offer?
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of a successful business with a long history that is on a strong growth curve. You have the chance to recommend and implement improvements to process and procedures in the Supply Chain an internal operations.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience, including bonuses for meeting targets as set by the business.
Send Application to Natasha Holgate, Owner/Founder: firstname.lastname@example.org.