Bad Shepherd are a brewpub that's ingrained in their community and beyond craft beer, they serve up impressive American BBQ.
If you'd like to help lead their hospo crew, they're hiring.
Job Description: Front of House Shift Lead – Full Time
- Growing business
- Full time role – 5 days a week including weekends
- Fun, dynamic work environment and culture
We are Bad Shepherd Brewing Co., a popular Bayside brewpub serving craft beer brewed on site and American BBQ. We’re passionate about the simple things in life, like good craft beer, comfort food and creating a memorable experience for our customers.
To that end, we are seeking a Shift Lead to support the Venue Manager in overseeing the entire front-of-house operations whilst in service.
About the role
You will play a key role in creating a welcoming, friendly atmosphere and proactively engaging with customers to create an awareness and appreciation of craft beer. You will be responsible for supporting the venue manager in leading service and front of house operations including:
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the bar and front of house operations
- Ensure the delivery of excellent customer
- Lead service in the absence of the Venue Managers
- Assist in staff knowledge and training
- Responsible for managing bar stock
- Responsible for managing the overall cleanliness of the front of house area at all times
- Responsible for accurately managing customer transactions during shift
Our ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
- minimum 2 years relevant experience in a supervisory role in a similar hospitality role
- Demonstrated knowledge of liquor and food hygiene laws
- working with or an interest in craft beer
You are sociable and like working with people and enjoy delivering a pleasurable and memorable experience for guests. You will possess the following attributes:
- the ability to work in a fast paced environment while keeping your cool
- a positive can-do attitude and work ethic
- ability to take direction and learn from others
- ability to work lunch or evening shifts, including the weekends
- passion for craft beer and local community
- hold current RSA
- good interpersonal skills
- able to work quickly and efficiently
- good cash-handling skills
- communication and interpersonal skills
- attention to detail and customer oriented
- organized and hard working
- problem solver
If you believe you have the skills and experience for this role, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com.
To be considered you must have the right to live and work in Australia.