Newstead Brewing are one of Brisbane's crafty pioneers and following floods and COVID, they announced some exciting plans for their future.
If you'd like to help sell their beer and tell their story, they're hiring.
Job Description: Business Development Manager
Newstead Brewing Co is a local, independent, family-owned and operated brewery that advocates all things quality and community.
Rebuilding post-COVID and the floods, Newstead is going through a phase of reinvigoration. This presents an incredible opportunity to be part of a renewed passion for excellent beer, service and experience. We are not shy in our goal to be the best brewpub in Brisbane.
We're on the hunt for a Brisbane-based, self-motivated and competent craft beer-passionate sales guru to join us with an immediate start. While experience in sales, and liquor sales in particular, are advantageous, we are seeking an awesome human first and foremost. Someone willing to be proactive and creative, while being part of a young team. Work-life balance is important to us and, while some tastings and event work are inevitable, flexible work arrangements are part of this role.
- Maintaining existing customer relationships while growing our QLD customer base.
- Developing and maintaining a structured sales call plan with existing key accounts, while also developing new business in the region.
- Executing trade education and training, utilising our brewery and brewpub.
- Seeking out opportunities for regular tastings and event activations.
Essential skills / experience / personal attributes:
- A passion for all things craft beer.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with and/or relationships within the Brisbane liquor industry.
- Willingness to work hours to suit our customer's operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Trustworthy and a team player.
- Strong planning/negotiation skills.
- Sound computer skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Current driver's licence with a clear driving history.
What You'll Receive:
- An opportunity with lots of future growth and professional development
- A competitive remuneration package (salary, super, car allowance + phone + laptop)
- 50% staff discount at our venue
- The chance to work in fun and dynamic team setting
We are seeking someone with a commitment to becoming a long-term member of our team, who is excited about the prospect of working for a fun, independent and dynamic organisation.
If you think you've got what it takes, please send a cover letter and your CV/resume.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.