Kegstar are dedicated to getting beer and other delicious drinks across the country.
Currently, they're searching for a business manager and here's what you need to know about the role.
Job Description: ANZ Business Manager
Reports To: Head of Sales
Location: Australia / Melbourne
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Company
Kegstar provides a comprehensive solution designed to eliminate the inefficient and costly method in which kegs have traditionally been owned, tracked and retrieved by breweries. As partners with its brewery clients, Kegstar has mastered the keg management process, allowing its brewing partners to focus on their craft—brewing beer. Kegstar provides a cost-effective outsourced solution that enables its customers to preserve capital and focus on core competencies such as production and marketing. Kegstar is now family to MicroStar Logistics (“MicroStar” or “M*”) headquartered in North America.
MicroStar was founded over two decades ago with one simple idea: How can we help the world’s best brewers do what they do best? Over that time, and by staying focused on brewer’s needs, MicroStar has become the leading keg solutions provider in the industry in North America. The values that sparked M*’s growth are still at the heart of their business: A “customer first” approach and a strong commitment to people, quality, innovation and sustainability. This has made M* a trusted partner for some of the world’s best brewers for over twenty years.
About the Role
Kegstar Business Manager, helping us to live up to our mission of getting as much quality beer, cider, wine and pre-mixed spirit mixers into the market as quickly as possible, by being a friend to the industry. The role will suit a pragmatic, tenacious, dedicated, capable, sociable and fun-loving individual who is prepared to be truly hands on in every aspect of the business. You will have a track record of success and experience to back your own opinion while remaining flexible and open to new ways of doing things and collaborative feedback. With a passion for beverage, you will bring your ‘hands-on’ experience of exceptional account management to build successful relationships with our customers and partners, all whilst learning and understanding their day to day requirements. Experience acquiring and onboarding new customers, as well as and working with existing customers to really develop both businesses is a core focus for this role.
- Partner with Head of Sales - ANZ to deliver national sales plans utilising analytics and industry knowledge to support the commercial growth of the Australian business.
- Create and/or identify tools and events that will ensure every customer interaction and sale is optimized to drive sales performance.
- Keep CRM system up to date with client visits info, opportunities and status.
- Growing our existing customers by proactively maintaining relationships to understand customer needs and where Kegstar can be of most value.
- Ongoing training with customers on how to optimise Kegstar’s solutions to grow their business.
- Stay connected to the industry and identify opportunities early in order to introduce them to Kegstar’s system.
- Exploring opportunities and creating a target list using market data and industry knowledge. Collaborating with the team on contacting potential customers and converting leads.
- Identify and implement opportunities to build Kegstar’s brand in the market through targeted marketing initiatives such as sponsorships, advertising and trade fairs.
- Develop and increase the use of Kegstar kegs within client’s businesses.
- Add value to Kegstar clients by introducing them to other non-Kegstar related solutions that will help them grow and scale their businesses, whether that be referring talent, quality suppliers or other industry contact.
- Reporting and forecasting future keg demand by working closely with the Supply Chain, Finance, and the Head of Sales - ANZ to ensure the appropriate availability and distribution of Kegs. Maintain sales pipeline tracking. Keep Salesforce system up to date with client visits info, opportunities and status.
- Identify competitors and opportunities to differentiate Kegstar’s proposition in the marketplace.
- Solid track record in growing existing business and identifying opportunities
- Eager, driven, results oriented and solution based selling technique
- Self-driven with a commercial mindset and good analytical skills
- A lover of great beer and an intrinsic understanding of the beer, cider and drinks market
- Highly driven with a passion for identifying opportunities and new ways of doing things
- Experience in representing companies at trade events and brand building activities.
- Account Management experience – solid track record in growing new customer relationships into quality long term customer relationships to increase value add and client utilisation and margin
- High levels of sales acumen and operational integrity
- Creative, sociable, enthusiastic style with ruthless executional focus
- Passionate about building the brand through total customer experience, multiple channels and omnipresence
- Able to demonstrate self-motivation and self-management skills, taking the ownership
- Tenacious, dedicated, capable & adaptable team player
- Australian driver’s license, residency and/or the eligibility to legally work in Australia
- Tertiary qualification in commerce/marketing is desirable but not essential
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Email your CV & Cover Letter to: email@example.com.