The Zythologist was founded by chemical engineers who have a deeply analytical approach to brewing.
As they get close to having a brewery of their own, they're on the hunt for their first-ever sales rep.
JOB DESCRIPTION: SALES REPRESENTATIVE (VICTORIA)
Here is a rare chance to join and grow with one of the youngest breweries in Melbourne! We are on a hunt for our first ever sales representative to expand The Zythologist in Melbourne (multiple territories) and help us sell our beers.
The Zythologist is an independently-owned science-based brewing company born out of Monash University in late 2021. Founded by Chemical Engineers and scientists, we use our knowledge of zythology (science of beer) and analytical equipment to create unique and top quality beers. With the construction of our own production brewery and taproom underway, we are looking for friendly and talented beer nerds to join our team who can help us expand our reach and get our beers into more venues in Melbourne.
As a Sales Representative for The Zythologist, you will be the face of the brand, growing awareness, building crucial relationships and driving sales with venues, retailers, and our existing customers in Victoria. To be successful in this role, you will have previous sales experience with a track record and existing industry contacts, be self-motivated, be able to work autonomously, and be passionate about all things zythology.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to: drive sales for on and off premises customers across VIC, increase distribution and presence of The Zythologist beers in VIC, create and maintain detailed CRM, deliver on monthly sales targets, and actively seek opportunities for promotional events and campaigns.
- You have a proven sales record with knowledge and a passion for craft beer
- You are an experienced alcohol sales rep with an existing network in the Melbourne market
- You have experience dealing with promotional programs and store/venue activations
- You are organised and have strong communication skills and an eye for detail
- You have strong relationship building and networking skills
- You can work autonomously as well as part of a team
- You work proactively and can identify new opportunities and close sales
- You have a current VIC driver’s license and RSA and are legally able to work in Australia
- You have your own vehicle, computer and phone and are ready to hit the ground running
- You are outgoing and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to get things done
This is a full-time position and will require some flexibility to work outside of general working hours, including weekends when required. As one of our first sales reps, there will be ample room for you to grow within the business. A tailored salary is on offer for the right candidate with compensation for motor vehicle, fuel and phone bills. Additional perks include free beer, cool merch, staff discounts and free staff events!
If this sounds like you then get in touch with Shiv at email@example.com with a cover letter and your CV.
Please note we will only be able to reply to shortlisted candidates.
Applications close on March 31st, 2023!