Sailors Grave have a big year ahead, with the family-run brewery building a new, much larger home.
If you'd like to join them in beautiful Gippsland, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: BREWER
If you are looking for a change of scenery and are ready to take your brewing skills to the next level, this is the opportunity for you. As a member of the Sailors Grave Brewing team, you will have the opportunity to work with passionate and dedicated individuals who are committed to producing high-quality craft beer.
Sailors Grave Brewing are looking for a self-motivated, flexible & hardworking brewer to join our very small but fast paced brewery. The ideal candidate will have a passion for craft beer and a drive to create innovative brews. Having a good understanding of what we are, where we are and the beers we make is essential.
Sailors Grave is at a critical growth stage, we will be building a new and expanded facility in the coming year, this position is integral to the success of this transition and there are great opportunities for the right candidate at this pivotal time.
The position will focus on all aspects of production brewing and cellar work including transferring, cleaning and general brewery tasks.
This position requires an understanding of traditional and modern beer styles as well as a knowledge of brewing processes.
The Brewer will also be responsible for managing the brewery’s inventory and ensuring quality control.
- Manage the brewing process, from milling to brewing to fermentation and packaging.
- Monitor and adjust processes to ensure quality control.
- Maintain inventory of raw materials and equipment.
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise during the brewing process.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to ensure a successful end product.
- Passion for all things beer, knowledge of beer styles, brewing processes and techniques.
- Works well within a team environment but also autonomously
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Great communication and organisational skills
- Ability to take direction from management
- Minimum two years brewing experience in a commercial brewery preferred
- Forklift license
- Formal brewing education is desirable but not essential
- Canning line experience is favourable
- Strong understanding of brewing and inventory software.
- Working knowledge of brewing equipment and processes.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter highlighting your brewing experience and passion for craft beer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not apply for the position unless you have a very clear understanding of the brewery’s remote location and have thought through the potential challenges and benefits of living and working in this area.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.