Bright Brewery's home is the stunning town of the same name and if you'd like to sell their beer in Victoria's north east, they want to hear from you.
JOB DESCRIPTION: SALES AMBASSADOR (N.E. VIC)
Here at Bright Brewery, we are adding to our MountainCrafted crew and we are on the hunt for a Sales Ambassador to represent our beers and our brand in North East Victoria.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Bright Brewery is recruiting a North East Sales Ambassador to drive sales activities across the business locally and in further regional areas.
We are looking for someone who can grow with the business. The right person will be rewarded with and attractive reward package and work life balance.
WHO WE ARE
Bright Brewery was founded in 2005 from a passion for well-made beer, a love for the town of Bright and its pristine alpine environment, and the adventurous outdoors lifestyle that the High Country provides.
What started as a little tin shed on Bright’s Great Alpine Road has grown to a stunning riverside venue with seating for more than 500 people, and a state-of-the-art purpose-built production brewery that produces a huge range of beers for sale around Australia and internationally.
Today, Bright Brewery continues as a independent family business, owned and managed by Scott Brandon with his management team, employing more than 70 local staff.
Bright Brewery was named Victoria’s Best Tourism Brewery in 2017, 2018 and 2019, and was inducted into the Victorian Tourism Hall of Fame in 2019. We produce many award-winning beers and claimed a Champion’s Trophy at the 2019 Australian Independent Beer Awards. Our Head Brewer will be driven to build on these successes and high standards.
To read more about us, please head here.
WHY WORK WITH US?
Great beer, beautiful location, and a friendly crew – there are a million reasons why Bright Brewery is a great place to work.
But don’t take our word for it – hear what our staff have to say about us! –
Lifestyle support – Correct entitlements – Real friendships – Social connection – Job security – Equal opportunities – Training and apprenticeships – Career development – Active lifestyles
YOUR KEY TASKS
- Drive the wholesale of Bright Brewery beers to bottle-shops, restaurants, bars and venues, and other retail and hospitality outlets across North East Victoria and allocated regional areas
- Be an excellent Ambassador for our brands, values, and lifestyle
- Achieve budgeted sales targets and KPIs.
- Identify and capitalise on market opportunities to build sales and profitability
- Work autonomously to manage and grow accounts, as well as brand awareness and reputation
- Relationship management, including prioritisation of key customers and new customer development
- Providing a superior level of service to our customers
- Work under direction from our National Sales Manager on growing sales and brand awareness across Northeast Victoria.
- Work with logistics team to manage stock movement and be responsible for delivery of stock if needed.
- Deliver mandatory reports to National Sales Manager upon request.
- Utilise Bright Brewery CRM system as designated by National Sales Manager.
- Travel too and manage further sales areas as allocated by business.
- Organise in-store tastings and promotions and point of sale displays
- Identify realistic opportunities to increase sales
- Activate or host events both on and off premise, including festivals
- Manage relationships and communication with sales accounts in line with role expectations.
- Always uphold a high standard of professionalism with both colleagues and customers.
- Flexibility with working hours, including readiness to work after hours in a sales capacity as well as on weekend events at events, festivals, and brand activations.
- Follow direction from line manager (National Sales Manager) in line with duties and work responsibilities.
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
2+ years’ experience in wholesale sales Proven sales record and ability to manage a territory Established trade connections and relationships in Northeast Victoria and beyond Strong commercial sense Understanding of the craft beer market, on-premise and retail trade and trends Excellent face-to-face and written communication skills Ability to maintain strong and positive relationships with customers Ability to identify customer needs and provide solutions Experience managing participation at events Ability to effectively prioritise tasks and manage time Computer and social media savvy (E-mail, MS Word, MS Excel, social networking) Experience in Business objective setting strategy developing and budgeting Self-motivated, outcomes oriented, person of action Drivers licence
Possess (or have the capability to develop) outstanding knowledge of beer and the brewing process
Process driven with strong attention to detail
Understanding of Business Finance software, such as Quickbooks
Understanding of design software, such as Adobe Creative suite
Experience with CRM software
Hold a current RSA
- Experience and performance in a similar role.
- Experience in developing and delivering strategies
- Understanding of:
- the craft beer market,
- business drivers for an independent brewery,
- on-premise and retail trade,
- beer-related events.
- Relationship management and communication skills.
- Connections to the craft beer industry.
- Alibility to work autonomously.
- Strong knowledge and passion for beer and brewing.
- Flexible with working hours, including readiness to work after hours and on weekend events at events, festivals and brand activations.
- Commitment to invest time in brand development.
- Permanent Australian resident.
- A good fit for Bright Brewery’s brand and culture.
This is a full-time permanent position that will involve after hours and weekend work on some occasions.
A competitive remuneration package is negotiable for the right applicant, including:
- Salary – paid weekly
- Monthly phone allowance reimbursement
- Local gym membership allowance
- Attractive bonus and incentive plan
- Training and support
- Branded work vehicle
- Good work life balance – we formally target an average working week of 38.5 hours over 12 months
In addition, Bright Brewery provides rewards and recognition programs to all staff, including quarterly and annual reward schemes to ensure great work and high performing staff never go unnoticed. All staff are supported with training and advancement opportunities.
This position offers a chance to live in a truly beautiful place with world-class mountain biking, cycling, hiking, camping, paragliding, snow and river sports right on your doorstep. We encourage broad and active lifestyles amongst our staff, and flexible working arrangements may be negotiated to accommodate this.
Bright Brewery is located in the High Country’s hop-growing region, and we are the closest brewery to the largest hop garden in the Southern Hemisphere – HPA’s Rostrevor Hop Farm. Our natural environment and the ingredients found within it play a special role in our business and in our beers. To learn more about the local hop fields, please click here.
We are also a proud founding member of the High Country Brewery Trail. Comprising eight breweries throughout the High Country, the HCBT is a collaborative group that works together to promote beer tourism in the High Country. We work collaboratively with other breweries in our region and, each year, we get together to brew a special High Country-inspired collab beer. To learn more about the HCBT, please click here.
Please email a Cover Letter addressing the Skills, Experience and Selection Criteria, as well as a current CV, to the National Sales Manager, Evin Craney: email@example.com.