Steam Jacket Brewing are a start-up brewery to be based in Melbourne.
If you'd like to get in at the very beginning, brew beer and help us grow, we want to hear from you.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BREWER
Steam Jacket Brewing is a start-up brewery utilizing a state-of-the-art small batch brewery and taproom expertly designed from the bottom up by brewers for brewers.
We are family-owned and independent.
This is an opportunity to get in at the start with unlimited scope for advancement and career development.
Our focus is on fresh, innovative beer brewed in small batches to be enjoyed at its best.
This is an opportunity to not only make your mark on our brewery but also the industry.
If this sounds like the brewery for you, read on.
About The Role
We are seeking a enthusiastic, passionate and knowledgeable brewer.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Wort production
- Fermentation monitoring and management
- Beer packaging and quality control
- Recipe development
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Production and maintenance scheduling
- Inventory management
- Clear and effective communication contributing to a fun and productive environment
- Working collaboratively to ensure all products meets our high standards
- A culture that is fun, positive and supports work life balance
- Excellent public transport. Tram stop is 100 meters away.
- On site car parking.
- Opportunities to represent the company at festivals and industry events
- Unlimited opportunities for growth, further career development and training
- Within style guidelines almost unlimited scope to explore your creativity.
- With sixteen taps to feed and possibly more to come - you have a licence to brew.
- Above award pay
Skills & experience:
- Minimum four years’ experience brewing in a commercial brewery (allowance for qualifications)
- Knowledge of beer styles and associated brewing techniques
- Knowledge of laboratory measurements and record keeping
- Motivated have a positive can-do attitude with willingness to get things done.
- Able to work autonomously
- Work in a collaborative team environment, taking direction where required
- Attention to detail and dedication to quality, documentation and record keeping
- Physically able and fit with the ability to handle kegs and grain manually.
- Ability to talk about beer and be knowledgeable when talking to customers and training staff.
- Passionate about beer, brewing and the craft beer industry.
Desired, but not required:
- Qualifications in brewing
- Knowledge and experience of barrel ageing, blending and cellaring.
- Forklift licence (big bonus)
- Canning and packaging experience
- Own transportation
To apply, please send CV to Christine: email@example.com.