Sydney's Slow Lane brew beer styles that are rarely seen in this country and those beers show a whole lot of finesse.
If you'd like to help make that beer, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Brewer
Slow Lane Brewing specialises in modern takes on old-world European style ales and lagers. We produce a wide range of beers in our Botany brewery including running a barrel program.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time brewer to join our small team, reporting into the Head Brewer. Commercial brewing experience is essential and a formal brewing education is preferred. Driver’s licence, forklift licence and RSA are required.
- Manage the production of beer to the highest quality in line with the production schedule
- Work shifts generally between the hours of 7am-7pm Monday to Friday. Occasional weekend work is required.
- Ensure processes are performed according to established SOPs and implement continuous improvements to processes
- Track beers on a daily basis and take required actions
- Maintain a clean and organised brewery
- Ensure all data is accurately tracked in our brewery management system
- Receipt, storing, handling and stocktake of raw materials and packaging supplies
- Wort production on our 12hL brewhouse
- Clean and sanitise tanks, equipment and plant
- Transfer of beer between tanks
- Operate can filling, seaming and labelling processes
- Clean and fill kegs
- Harvest and re-pitch yeast including cell counting
- Manage barrel program including sampling, testing and tracking of barrels
- Pick and dispatch wholesale orders
- Represent the brewery at festivals and events
- Full time position with full benefits
- Beer allowance
To apply, send your resume to Alex via firstname.lastname@example.org.