Slow Lane Brewing make old world styles of beer with a modern flare and the best place to enjoy them is from their Botany taproom. If you'd like to run that venue, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Venue Manager
Full Time: Four Day Week – Friday to Sunday and one work from home day
Slow Lane Brewing Taproom & Kitchen attached to our brewery showcases our wide range of beers including the modern takes on old-world European-style beers that we specialize in. The venue features a full bar with a selection of curated wines, cocktails, mixed drinks and non-alcoholic drinks, to complement our 14 taps. Our Kitchen serves up a variety of food designed to pair with our beers with a focus on Neapolitan-style pizzas. We have live music every Sunday and run various beer-focused events throughout the year.
We are looking to bring on a full-time (4-day week) venue manager to oversee our Taproom & Kitchen which operates Friday to Sunday. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience working in a supervisory role at a restaurant/bar, as well as a keen interest in craft beer.
- The position has great work life balance with the venue only being open three days per week. No late nights (only licensed to 10pm) and flexible work arrangements for other responsibilities.
- The expected operating hours of the Taproom & Kitchen are Friday 3pm - 10pm, Saturday 12pm - 10pm and Sunday 12pm - 8pm. You will be expected to manage the Taproom and work behind the bar during these hours and for other occasional mid-week events.
- Other responsibilities such as rostering, stock ordering, menus, booking management, event planning etc can be done from home on a flexible basis.
- Ensure an exceptional customer experience at the venue and implement continuous improvements to this customer experience
- Manage the conversion of the space from a brewery to taproom on Friday and pack down on Sunday night
- Ensure that the venue and facilities are clean and organised
- Open and close the venue each day
- Run the bar with the assistance of casual bar staff
- Schedule, train and manage a small team of casual bar staff to assist during busy periods
- Maintain the bar menu and manage stock ordering for wine, spirits, cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks
- Work closely with the Head Brewer to maintain the beer tap list and can menu
- Work closely with the Chef to integrate food offerings including food and beer pairings, food specials and events
- Manage the booking system and respond to booking enquiries
- Manage Sunday live music sessions in conjunction with our live music booker
- Create venue hire packages and respond to venue hire enquiries
- Plan, organise and run periodic events at the venue
- Promote the venue and events in conjunction with Head of Marketing through social media and other marketing channels
- Manage POS including pricing and reporting
- Control wage costs and cost of goods in line with targets
- Full time position with full benefits
- Beer allowance and free shift meals
To apply, send your resume to Alex via firstname.lastname@example.org.