Are you looking to join the world of brewing? A Sydney brewery is currently searching for a brewer and cellar assistant to join them on a casual basis.
Job Description: Brewery & Cellar Assistant
Job Type: Casual Basis
Wage: $30.00 per hour + superannuation
Job Summary: An award winning Sydney inner-city Brewpub is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our brewery as a Brewery & Cellar Assistant on a casual basis. In this role you will work closely with our experienced brewing & management team to assist in many aspects of the brewery & bar. This is an excellent opportunity for someone passionate about hospitality and/or craft beer and looking to gain hands-on experience in a dynamic and growing industry.
- Assist the brewing & bar team in the supply of high-quality craft beer from grain to glass; following established recipes and procedures.
- Aid in the preparation and cleaning of cellar & brewing equipment, including brewhouse, fermenters/tanks, coolroom, draught beer system and kegs.
- Assist with the milling of grain and fermentation processes, ensuring accuracy and adherence to timelines.
- Monitor and record critical brewing parameters, such as temperatures, pressures, pH levels, and gravity readings.
- Perform routine quality control tests, such as sensory evaluations, gravity measurements, and pH checks.
- Participate in cellar work activities, carbonation, and kegging operations.
- Perform general maintenance and cleaning of the brewery and cellar, ensuring a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Assist with inventory management, including monitoring ingredient levels, organizing supplies, inter-company-location transfers, and restocking as needed.
- Follow all safety protocols and guidelines to ensure a safe working environment for yourself and your team.
- Passion for craft beer and a strong interest in the brewing and/or hospitality industries.
- Previous experience in a brewing, cellar or production environment is preferred but not essential. Training will be provided.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and follow instructions from the brewing team.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to perform repetitive tasks with accuracy.
- Physical stamina and the ability to lift heavy objects (up to 55 lbs/25 kg) and work in a physically demanding environment.
- Basic knowledge of brewing principles and processes is a plus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings, weekends, and public holidays as required
- Valid NSW driver's licence is a must.
- Able to drive, load and unload a large van.
Note: This is a casual position, which means that hours and shifts may vary depending on the brewery & venue’s production/staffing schedules. The hourly rate reflects the payment for this role.
If you are passionate about craft beer and eager to contribute to our team, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your application, including a resume and any relevant certifications or references, to be considered for this position: email@example.com.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.