Thunder Road make beer in the heart of Brunswick and if you'd like to make it with them, they're hiring.
JOB DESCRIPTION: ASSISTANT BREWER OR BREWER
Thunder Road Brewing is a proudly independent brewery making thirst quenching beer, cider, and seltzer from its brewery in Brunswick, Victoria.
We are currently looking for a full-time assistant brewer or brewer.
This position reports to the Head Brewer.
Initial focus for this role will be working in the cellar /assisting the Brewer.
- Follow safe working practices.
- Hard working with a good attitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and good record keeping skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to follow SOP’s.
- Computer literate.
- Good communicator.
- Plant CIP, Yeast Handling, Beer Clarification (Centrifuge/filtration), raw material and chemical handling.
- Performing secondary brewing tasks, including milling grain and grain out.
- Operation of a semi-automatic keg filler: manual handling of kegs required.
- Cellar and fermentation management; including tank sampling and analysis.
- Forklift operation (Reach fork truck-licence not required).
- Project work-recipe writing, plant maintenance, SOP review.
- General site cleaning.
- Brewing- pending on candidates’ aptitude.
- Shift work. We currently operate 5am to 7pm Mon-Friday but some rostered weekend work is required (Fermentation Checks)
- A reasonable amount of physical strength is necessary for the role: moving machinery, kegs and lifting 25kg bags of grain.
- Previous work in a commercial brewery
- Brewing or related science qualifications.
- Recipe development skills.
This position is available for immediate start. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
If this role sounds like you, please send through your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close September 28, 2023.