Black Hops were founded on the Gold Coast and have grown to become one of Queensland's largest indie breweries.
If you'd like to sell their beer in Brisbane, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Sales Rep - Brisbane
Black Hops Brewing Pty Ltd founded in 2014 on the Gold Coast and has their home base (HQ) in Burleigh. Black Hops has grown to become one of the biggest selling independent craft breweries in QLD and Australia. In March 2019 Black Hops opened a bigger Production Brewery and Taproom in Biggera Waters. Since then Black Hops now has opened a Taproom in East Brisbane and Queensland’s first dedicated barrel-aged beer taproom AWOL in Burleigh Heads.
Blacks Hops is one of the pioneers of the Queensland craft brewing scene. An innovative brewing company underpinned by its core values. Our staff are at the forefront of what we do in brewing high quality and consistent beers to deliver to our customers and the consumer. Black Hops is a company that values trust and transparency, this is why our team wants to be a part of Black Hops Brewing.
Black Hops aim is to be recognised as iconic in the Australian Craft Beer scene. We want to be a beer of choice with our customers and consumers. We want to be recognised both nationally and internationally and be found on an airplane, stadiums and festivals. Black Hops will reward the patience of our shareholders / stakeholders alike - this is our journey to achieve.
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
We are seeking a dynamic and results-driven Sales Representative to join the Black Hops Brewing Team. The Sales Representative will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with our existing as well as identifying and pursuing new business opportunities. You will work closely with our Sales and Marketing teams to achieve sales targets, increase brand awareness, and ensure customer satisfaction.
Highly motivated and results-oriented individual with a passion for craft beer. They should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a proven track record in sales, and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with customers. The ideal candidate should also have a good understanding of the craft beer industry, including brewing processes, beer styles, and market trends. A flexible and self-driven attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, would make them a valuable asset to the team.
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing clients, including bars, restaurants, liquor stores, and other retail outlets.
- Monitor market trends, competitor activities, and customer feedback to provide insights for product development and sales strategies.
- Management of sales data through CRM including entering venue data on each visit, maintaining contact information, logging activities and processing sales orders
- Work with the marketing and production teams on coordinating beer launches
- Proactively pursue new business leads and call on potential sales outlets
- Work with marketing on sales activations and branding materials to increase brand awareness and in-store pull through
- Meet and exceed sales targets, including but not limited to revenue, activities, new business activations
- Passing on product and branding feedback from the field, recommending changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Resolving customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by staying up to date with the industry
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required for customer events and trade shows.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- The skills and experience you bring to the table will be your best asset. What we are looking for is a sales gun, someone who goes above and beyond for their customers and territory. Here are some of the particulars we are looking for:
- Proven experience in sales, preferably in the craft beer industry or related field.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse range of customers.
- Understanding retail liquor and the Hospitality Industry and how venues operate is essential
- Knowledge and passion for craft beer, including an understanding of brewing processes, beer styles, and industry trends.
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Self motivated and driven
- Proficient in using sales CRM software