Wallaby Water are a Melbourne-based business that have made it their mission to remove plastic bottle from the world.
They're currently looking for a detail-oriented professional to join them as an assistant warehouse manager.
Job Description: Assistant Warehouse Manager
Wallaby (www.wallabywater.com.au /@drinkwallaby) is a young and ambitious fast-grower doing things differently– our market first products have shaken up the packaged water space disrupting traditional formats and partnering with some of the country's biggest retailers and brands. Since launching in 2019, we have replaced over 6-million pesky plastic bottles with our infinitely recyclable aluminium cans and bottles. We are now ready to take on bigger and better accounts with active opportunities in the major retail and grocery, hotel chains, tourism and export markets. We are constantly looking for ways of 'doing good better' and commit 10% of our proceeds to at-risk Australian wildlife.
We are seeking a dynamic and organized Warehouse Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in overseeing and optimizing our day-to-day operations, inventory and logistics. If you are a detail-oriented professional with a passion for manufacturing, sustainability and safe and efficient operations this role is for you. We pride ourselves on our commitment to quality, operational excellence and outstanding customer service. Our team is the backbone of our success, and we're looking for dedicated and enthusiastic individuals to join us!
The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for the efficient and timely handling of goods within the warehouse, including receiving, storing, and dispatching. This role demands proficient forklift operation and adherence to all safety protocols. The ideal candidate will be physically fit, detail-oriented, and committed to workplace safety.
- Efficiently and safely load and unload goods from vehicles, ensuring accurate and timely deliveries.
- Operate forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise.
- Ensure that goods are stored in the correct area of the warehouse so they may be located easily when orders are being prepared.
- Comply with all company safety guidelines, including the operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Conduct inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits.
- Properly use warehouse tools and equipment, such as pallet jacks, hand trucks, and other machinery.
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers.
- Report any discrepancies or damages in received goods.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace, ensuring a safe and hazard-free environment.
- Participate in warehouse team meetings and trainings.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid forklift license or certification. (Mandatory)
- Proven experience as a forklift operator is preferred.
- Proven experience working in a warehouse setting.
- Strong understanding of health and safety regulations.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, up to 20 KG, and perform strenuous tasks.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Basic understanding of warehouse data systems.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication skills.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for growth and
- Training and development programs.
- Supportive and inclusive team environment.
- People, quality and safety prioritized workspace.
- Full-time, 5 days per week [Monday – Friday]
- $55,000 per annum + Superannuation (11% as of July 1st 2023)
- Training budget for HACCP / Food Safety / Forklift Ticket
Wallaby Water is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information about Wallaby, please visit our website.
Please submit your CV, relevant experience and interest to email@example.com or apply via the link below.