Froth Bunbrewery is one of two homes from the craft brewers and recently it was named Best New Venue by WA's Australian Hotels Association.
If you'd like to join the award-winning front-of-house crew, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Assistant Venue Manager
We just won 2023 A.H.A (W.A) Best New Venue - and we're looking for a new 2.I.C for awesome front-of-house team!
Flexible start date / Sponsorship possible for the right candidate
Froth Craft Bunbrewery is our second venue, which opened in July 2022, and we're seeking an experienced and energetic Assistant Venue Manager willing to help guide Froth on to further success in the south-west of W.A as we crank up for a busy summer season and beyond.
You will be able to work collaboratively within a team that includes the front of house, kitchen and brewery as one united front - and also have the ability to be dynamic, work alongside Directors/Venue Manager/Upper Management and implement change with creative control over operations as necessary. You will need to embody the Company’s mission: always maintain a high standard of fantastic guest service, food, beverages and entertainment in a safe and welcoming family-friendly atmosphere that produces consistently excellent guest experiences. This is a full-time, permanent role and very much hands-on, requiring exemplary leadership and a positive work attitude. When the Venue Manager isn't on, the Assistant Venue Manager will be in charge of a large team in a bustling venue open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner.
We value integrity, community, teamwork, honesty and fostering career advancement.
At the core of Froth's ethos is the aim to set a high standard for consistently high hospitality experiences - and standards are set from the top down - we are searching for a passionate, creative leader to take on the 2.I.C Assistant Venue Manager role. The Assistant Venue Manager will be strongly supported by the Venue Manager and on-site Managing Directors, and we've assembled an experienced and supportive Management Team along with an eclectic mix of professional staff hungry to provide memorable hospitality experiences.
- Must be financially accountable and have an understanding of how a financially sustainable and ethical business operates in the hospitality industry
- Exemplary composure in a busy work setting
- At least 2 years experience as a successful Duty/Bar/Restaurant Manager in a hospitality venue
- Solid knowledge of Western Australian Liquor License regulations
- Passion for the microbrewery culture and industry
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced computer literacy
- Attention to detail
- Extensive experience in training staff
- Extensive craft beer, wine and beverage service knowledge
- Extensive food knowledge
- Event and function management experience
- A systematic and solution focused approach
- Experience in performance managing; developing and leading a high performing, passionate team
- Desire for career advancement
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring Responsible Service of Alcohol at all times
- Ensuring Liquor License compliance at all times
- Ensuring a safe workplace and proper Duty of Care to guests and staff members at all times, in accordance with the House Policy and House Management Plan
- Communicating and enforcing all security regulations and protocols
- Perform risk management and ensure at all times minimisation of harm to guests and staff
- Manage Venue Incident Report Register
- Manage Staff RSA register
- Working with the support of Directors, managers and supervisors to maintain the Company’s high standard of food and beverage experiences
- Ensuring high standard of guest service at all times
- Rostering staff to budget / Control of wages to budget
- Helping with ordering for front-of-house
- Maintain the Employee Induction Manual plus the company’s policies and procedures
- Implement and provide training and associated support resources for employees
- Promoting the location and events through a variety of marketing channels such as social media, posters/flyers, chalkboards, emails, industry events
- Communicating weekly with the Accounts Department, Venue Manager and Directors, to ensure the desired Key Performance Indicators are achieved
- Communicating with the Head Chef and kitchen’s upper management to enable a productive flow between the Company’s departments
- Communicating with the brewery to ensure the high standard of beer service, supply, presentation, and management is maintained
- Communicating with the Front-of-House Management Team to ensure standards as well as targets are met
- Communicating with the Marketing Team to ensure events and campaigns are well promoted and endorsed by all staff
In return, you will receive:
- A unique opportunity in a speedily growing business with multiple venues: Froth Craft Bunbrewery; a burgeoning company which is on the path to great heights
- Total support from all other Senior Management and Managing Directors
- Adequate remuneration for the role plus benefits
- Training and development opportunities
- Encouragement to present ideas and operational procedures to improve the business' efficiency
- Encouragement to implement creative ideas and harness your potential amidst a supportive work environment
This is an opportunity for the right candidate to excel in a crucial 2.I.C Role of a company that invests in people, fostering creativity and maintaining consistently high standards.
Froth Craft Bunbrewery
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $75,000.00 per year
- Free drinks
- Free food
- Housing allowance
- Relocation assistance
- Salary packaging
COVID-19 considerations: All candidates must comply with current Western Australian laws regarding Co-vid 19 vaccination(s).
- Why do you think you'd fit the bill as Assistant Venue Manager for Froth Craft Bunbrewery?
- Similar: Two years (Required)
- Australia (Required)
The expected start date is December 7, 2023.