Heaps Normal are dedicated to crafting alcohol-free beer and changing the way we think about alcohol.
If you'd like to join them at their Marrickville warehouse, they're keen to hear from you.
Job Description: Warehouse Coordinator
Want to challenge yourself in a high-growth start-up with a mission to change drinking culture?
We’re hiring a Warehouse Coordinator.
About Heaps Normal
We're normalising mindful drinking by brewing beer that tastes so good, you won't miss the alcohol. We’re not here to talk about being sober or hold that up as the end goal. Whether you’re taking a night off or ditching the booze for life, we reckon it’s time to talk about something more interesting...like the epic stuff you’re doing instead of getting wasted. Whether it’s burning the midnight oil or burning up the dance floor, let’s challenge ourselves to tell better stories.
Heaps Normal is an independent, non-alcoholic Australian beer company, brewing real beer without the hangover. As a B Corp certified business, we’re proud to be part of a global community using business as a force for good.
Shout the first round: Give first and be a good human. We don’t wait to be asked. We go out of our way to do what’s right for our team, our community and our environment.
Return the empties: We never walk past a problem. Whether it’s a spot fire or a raging inferno, we run towards the fire.
Build each other up: We look after ourselves and look out for our mates. This means investing in people, always putting family first and elevating those we interact with.
Question normal: Walk a mile in their shoes and try to see things from an alternative point of view. Your normal may not be my normal, and normal today may not be normal tomorrow.
About the role
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will coordinate the day-to-day operational requirements of the Heaps Normal warehouse. You will work as part of the operations team and play a critical role in ensuring the efficient and organised operation of our warehouse facility. In this role, you will be the primary point of contact for the site and be responsible for managing inbound deliveries, ensuring timely dispatch of orders, and ensuring accurate order picking with a focus on safety and adherence to company policies and service standards.
This is a permanent full-time role and will require on-site work in Marrickville, Sydney. The role requires a degree of manual handling, a high level of organisation as well as excellent communication and negotiation skills to ensure that all stakeholder engagement is maintained to a high level. You will also have great record keeping abilities, a customer-oriented approach and a strong focus on continual improvement and collaborative team work.
As the warehouse coordinator, you will:
- Oversee daily warehouse operations ensuring a high level of quality, safety, and service metrics are maintained
- Process orders for our wholesale customers, e-commerce store and promotional requests
- Ensure timely and accurate picking, packing, and dispatching of all orders for B2B and D2C channels
- Provide customer service for wholesale and e-commerce order enquiries
- Coordinate all inbound and outbound stock movements from the the Marrickville warehouse
- Organise the collection and delivery of all freight transportation from the warehouse site
- Receipt all merchandise inventory and be responsible for stock control
- Procure packaging and sundry materials required for the warehouse
- Arrange internal transfers of materials and products as required
- Sydney metro wholesale and e-commerce deliveries
- Oversee daily metro delivery run sheets and PODs
- Operate the forklift for the warehouse and site
- Responsible for site maintenance and upkeep
- Maintain customer and inventory databases across ordering and inventory systems
- Maintain and improve warehouse processes, systems, policies, and SOPs in accordance with company policies and compliance standards
- Establish positive supplier and customer relationships via email, telephone and in-person
- Own individual KPIs and contribute towards team and business goals
To be successful in this role, you will be:
- A team player that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Customer focused with a great attention to detail and service
- Highly organised and able to prioritise your daily work to deliver results
- An effective communicator with the ability to negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experienced with record-keeping and maintaining databases
- Able to carry out manual handling procedures safely and handle 18kg loads comfortably
- A Holds a valid drivers licence
- Right to work in Australia
- Experienced with operating forklifts safely and hold a valid forklift licence
- Familiar with Shopify, Unleashed, Starshippit or similar ordering and inventory systems
- Experience working with food and beverage products will be highly regarded
Why you should join Heaps Normal
- One week of life leave to give you that added flexibility to live your best life.
- Annual professional development budget to ensure you have the support you need to level up.
- Access to mental wellbeing services for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Program provider, Frankie Health.
- Inclusive parental leave policy which supports all types of families. Includes paid leave for both primary and secondary carers and return to work assistance to match your personal needs.
- Know that you’re contributing to a positive impact. We donate 2% of our revenue to charitable organisations with a shared purpose.
- Paid volunteer time off and matched giving to empower you to give back to your local community.
- Annual offsites and regular social events to keep you connected with your teammates, wherever you’re located.
- Last but not least - unlimited access to the good stuff. Enough Heaps Normal to keep your personal fridge stocked, year round.
Feel like you don’t tick every box?
We encourage all applicants to reach out, introduce yourself and share your story with us. We're an equal opportunities employer with an ongoing commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, let us know at the time of your application and we’ll be happy to assist you through the recruitment process.