Froth Craft Brewery launched in Exmouth and the founders now operate a second brewery and venue in Bunbury as well as their latest venture in Perth: 'Froth "Craft Beach' in North Beach.
The taphouse and pizzeria opened late last year, and the Froth team is looking to take on a Venue Manager as the Director resumes the General Manager role for the "frothchise".
JOB DESCRIPTION: VENUE MANAGER
Froth Craft Beach, our new Small Bar/craft beer taphouse/pizzeria that is located overlooking the ocean in idyllic North Beach is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Venue Manager.
You will be able work collaboratively within a team that includes the front of house and kitchen as one united front - and also have the ability to be dynamic, working alongside an on-site Managing Director and implement change with creative control over operations.
You will need to embody the Company’s mission: always maintain a high standard of fantastic guest service, food, beverages and entertainment in a safe and welcoming family-friendly atmosphere that produces consistently excellent guest experiences.
This role is a full-time, permanent position, requiring exemplary leadership and a positive and professional work attitude. The role requires an astute, experienced Manager to lead a passionate team of aspiring hospo crew in a bustling venue that is located in one of Perth's most desirable stretches of beachfront.
Froth Craft Beach operates under a Small Bar Liquor License, with a capacity of 120 persons, and is open 7 days a week from 11am til late.
We value integrity, community, teamwork, honesty and fostering career advancement.
Froth Craft Brewery opened in Exmouth, north-west WA, in February 2017 and the craft beer oasis on the Ningaloo quickly became a multi-award winning institution. It outgrew its capabilities to meet demand so we expanded in to the south-west with another award-winning family-friendly venue: Froth Craft Bunbrewery, which recently won A.H.A (W.A) 2023 Best New Venue Award. This, our second venue, was newly built in the heart of Bunbury, providing the city’s highly anticipated inaugural microbrewery, and opened on 8 July 2022.
As the brand grew so did the demand for our products. Seizing an opportunity to 'frothchise' in a stunning location in the metro area, 'Froth Craft Beach' in North Beach somehow smashed a fit-out in under 3 months and opened its doors to lines of thirsty punters on 14 December 2023. A craft beer taphouse/pizzeria that also dishes out cocktails and has a great wine list - with a Froth-renowned focus on a welcoming, friendly and laid-back vibe, overlooking the adjacent Indian Ocean on busy West Coast Drive - seems to be exactly what the northern suburbs of Perth was thirsty for.
As our Acting Venue Manager resumes his General Manager role across the three venues, we're seeking an experienced and energetic Venue Manager willing to help guide Froth's newest venue on to further success.
Froth sets a high standard for consistently high hospitality experiences across its venues - and standards are maintained from the top down - we are searching for a professional, creative leader, who is passionate about the craft beer industry, to take on the Venue Manager role. Strongly supported by the on-site Managing Director, General Manager and experienced Management Team - along with an eclectic mix of professional staff hungry to provide memorable hospitality experiences.
- Must be financially accountable and have an understanding of how a financially sustainable and ethical business operates in the hospitality industry
- At least 2 years experience in a similar Upper Managerial role in a hospitality venue
- Solid knowledge of Western Australian Liquor License regulations
- Passion for the microbrewery culture and industry
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced computer literacy
- Attention to detail
- Extensive experience in training staff
- Extensive craft beer, wine and beverage service knowledge
- Extensive food knowledge
- Event and function management a bonus
- A systematic and solution focussed approach
- Experience in performance managing; developing and leading a high performing, passionate team
- Desire for career advancement
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring Responsible Service of Alcohol at all times
- Ensuring Liquor License compliance at all times
- Ensuring a safe workplace and proper Duty of Care to guests and staff members at all times, in accordance with the House Policy and House Management Plan
- Communicating and enforcing all security regulations and protocols
- Manage risk management and ensure at all times minimisation of harm to guests and staff
- Manage Venue Incident Report Register
- Manage Staff RSA register
- Working with the support of Directors, managers and supervisors to maintain the Company’s high standard of food and beverage experiences
- Ensuring high standard of guest service at all times
- Rostering staff to budget / Control of wages to budget
- Ordering, stock levels and stocktake
- Maintain the Employee Induction Manual plus the company’s policies and procedures
- Implement and provide training and associated support resources for employees
- Promoting the location and events through a variety of marketing channels such as social media, posters/flyers, chalkboards, emails, industry events
- Communicating weekly with the Accounts Department, General Manager and Directors, to ensure the desired Key Performance Indicators are achieved
- Communicating with the Head Chef and kitchen’s upper management to enable a productive flow between the Company’s departments
- Communicating with the brewery to ensure the high standard of beer service, supply, presentation, and management is maintained
- Communicating with the Front-of-House Management Team to ensure standards as well as targets are met
In return, you will receive;
- A unique opportunity in a speedily growing business: Froth; a burgeoning company which is on the path to great heights
- Total support from all other Senior Management and Managing Directors
- Adequate remuneration for the role plus benefits
- Training and development opportunities
- Encouragement to present ideas and operational procedures to improve the business' efficiency
- Encouragement to implement creative ideas and harness your potential amidst a supportive work environment
This is an opportunity for the right candidate to excel in a head departmental role of a company that invests in people, fostering creativity and maintaining consistently high standards.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- Free drinks
- Free food
- Weekend availability
- What do you think you'd bring exactly to Froth Craft Beach? What do you know about our operation?
- What do you think are your weaknesses and what do you want to improve on (in the hospitality industry)?
- hospitality managerial: 2 years (Required)
- Approved Manager's (Required)
- Australia (Required)
Ability to Commute:
- North Beach, WA 6020 (Required)