With two breweries up and running, Brisbane’s Newstead Brewing has cemented its position as one of the Sunshine State’s leading craft beer brands.
Having become the “nacho-stained couch” of the Brisbane beer scene, Newstead is after a new head brewer to drive production. If you’re an experienced brewer who thinks they’ve got what it takes, then keep reading...
JOB DESCRIPTION: HEAD BREWER
Entering its fifth year of operation, Newstead Brewing Co, has become a fundamental feature in the Brisbane good beer scene, like a nacho-stained Super Amart family couch. Producing one million liters of beer across two sites and 40 distinct beer types annually, with a barrel program, a sour beer program and a wild yeast program Newstead has evolved substantially from its simple Brewpub beginnings.
We are seeking a Head Brewer to take us to the next stage of production. Experience and education are just as important here as hard work and being part of a team. We have a strong focus on quality and community, two aspects that are central to our operation. If you relish working in a creative, fast past and expansive environment we invite you to apply for the position of Head Brewer, starting immediately.
- Overseeing, improving and performing all elements of recipe development, wort production, fermentation, cellaring and packaging of our 6 core range beers and 2 x 4 seasonal releases
- Leading and managing a small team of brewers and packaging employees
- Installing, maintaining and constantly improving QA and QC
- Directing and teaching staff and gypsy brewers and being involved in the Brisbane brewing community.
- Spending some time on our 12hL brewpub at Newstead experimenting and releasing special batches and collaborations.
- Interacting with the public, speaking at events, being a solid human.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a commercial brewery, operating semi-automatic 4-vessel systems or similar
- Current Australian drivers license
- Forklift ticket'
- Tertiary qualifications in brewing science from a recognised institute
- Experience and qualifications in HACCP
- Experience on a Cask canning line or similar
A competitive remuneration package will be offered pursuant to experience and passion. An appropriate relocation allowance to Brisbane will also be provided.
If this sounds like you please forward applications directly to Mark Howes at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is February 12, 2018.