Thunder Road is one of Victoria’s largest independent breweries and produces a well established core range as well as a number of limited releases. If you want to play a hand in making that beer, currently the brewery is hiring a new assistant brewer.
Job Description: Permanent Brewer or Assistant Brewer
Thunder Road Brewing Co is located in Brunswick, Melbourne, Australia. We operate a quality focused, award winning medium sized brewery. We produce a range of core beers as well creating innovative seasonal releases on our pilot brewing system.
We were AIBA Champion Medium Size Australian Brewery 2014 and 2015.
We are currently looking for a permanent brewer or assistant brewer to join our small brewing team.
- Brewing, Plant CIP, Yeast Handling, Centrifuge/filtration, raw material and chemical handling
- Performing secondary brewing tasks, including milling and grain out;
- Keg filling and cleaning operation on semi-automatic keg filler;
- Cellar and fermentation management; including tank sampling and analysis;
- Rotating shift work. We operate 5 days a week but rostered weekend work is required (fermentation checks)
- Record keeping
- Manage projects as delivered by senior Brewers
- Forklift operation
- General plant cleaning, lots of cleaning.
- Minimum 12 months experience in a commercial brewing environment; 6 months minimum brewing
- Follow safe working practices
- Strong problem solving skills
- Hard working with a good attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Able to write and follow SOP’s
- Computer literate
- Good communicator
- Brewing or related science qualifications
- Recipe development skills
Candidates must be living in Australia with a right to work in the country. The successful applicant will be reporting to the production manager.
Please send covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on August 3, 2018.