Forest Brewing has spent more than eight years bringing local beer to the heart of Victoria's Otways.
Currently the brewery is expanding too and to keep the beer coming, Forest is looking to hire a new production brewer. Here's what you need to know about the role.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRODUCTION BREWER
Forrest Brewing Company has been brewing beers in the Otway Township of Forrest for over eight years with continued growth and plans for future expansion. We have a range of eight permanent beers and also do single batch beers regularily. We wholesale our beers across the South West of Victoria and also into Melbourne.
This is a full time position reporting directly to the Head Brewer. You will be involved in all day to day duties. Performing all elements from receipt of raw materials, wort production, fermentation, cellaring, packaging, warehousing and logistics. We are looking for a Production Brewer to be a part of the small team and to take on brewing and packaging responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Managing brew and packaging days
- General brewing responsibilities, cellar duties, equipment maintenance and cleaning
- Providing input to continuous improvement programs
- Providing beer knowledge to brew pub hospitality staff
- Ability to work unsupervised and think on your feet, be proactive and able to follow instructions
- • Represent company at trade events, clients events, festivals, and speaking engagements to promote company and products.
What you will have:
- Have commercial brewing experience or very good knowledge in homebrewing.
- Have great beer knowledge
- Qualifications in brewing or related discipline prefered
- Familiar with brewery cleaning, hygiene, and food safety requirements
- Forklift license or willingness to get one
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Strong work ethic, punctuality, personal presentation and be physically fit
A competitive remuneration package will be offered pursuant to experience.
Please include with resume a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, your brewing experience & why you think you would like work at Forrest.
Applications by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org.