Beervana is one of the biggest and best beer festivals to take place either side of the Tasman every year. It welcomes brewers from all over New Zealand as well as further afield to Wellington as well as a growing horde of travelling beer lovers from Australia.
The organisation that runs it is looking to take on an experienced events gun to run the festival from 2019.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BEERVANA MANAGER
The Wellington Culinary Events Trust (WCET), the organisation that brings your Visa Wellington On a Plate (Visa WOAP), also runs Beervana and we are after an event management gun to help us manage this well-established event with precision, energy and enthusiasm.
Reporting to the Chief Executive of the WCET your role will be to manage the full gambit of Beervana including overseeing the event management and logistics contractors, assisting with the coordination of the venue, breweries and international guests. You will work closely with our sponsorship and marketing staff to assist with the coordination of sponsors and partners as well as contribute to our marketing, public relations and digital promotional activities. You will also have great relationships with the craft beer sector in New Zealand so that you can hit the ground running. Basically, you need to be tops.
You won’t be camera shy as from time-to-time you will be needed to talk to the media about Beervana and you will work to deliver on Beervana’s obligations to sponsors and external funders. You are not going to be scared to get your hands dirty (i.e. carry boxes) and you will work with the WCET to continue to make Beervana the best damn craft beer celebration in New Zealand.
If this sounds like you, contact us.
We're keen to speak to you if fit the above AND have:
• At least four years' experience and a proven track record of success and achievement in an event management position.
• A demonstrated ability to manage events, to express a vision with enthusiasm and commitment, to inspire confidence and elicit support from stakeholders and colleague
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a close-knit relationship with partners that result in benefits to your organisation
• Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with people at all levels in the business sector
• A comprehensive knowledge of the brewing and culinary industry and the marketing of beer
• Established relationships in the brewing industry here in New Zealand and internationally
• A passion for Wellington and our superb culture of hospitality
Applications close at MIDNIGHT on Monday, November 26, 2018.
Please email your application to email@example.com, ensuring your relevant event management experience is clearly highlighted.
Download the Beervana Manager Job Description here.