If you'd like to be part of the brewery team, they're looking to take on a number of trainee brewers.
Job Description: Trainee Brewer
Tribe Breweries is home to the largest number of independent craft beers in Australia. Our brewery, operating as Brew Pack at Smeaton Grange, is well established in the craft beer market, producing a range of up to one hundred different beverage products brewed on site, and our continued growth means we have opportunity to take on a few Trainee Brewers who are eager to learn the skills of brewing and working in a beverage manufacturing site.
Trainee Brewer positions are full time on a three-shift rotating roster. Working in a commercial brewery requires attention to details and can be physically demanding work but if brewing and craft beer is your passion, you will be right at home here.
- Brewing duties including brewing, cellaring, centrifuging, bottling and keg racking operations, following comprehensive training in these areas;
- Operating forklifts to move product around the site as required;
- Applying sanitisation practices in the brewing and beverage manufacturing process,
- Accurate record keeping for quality analysis against our QA standards and industry specifications;
- Support with general maintenance and cleaning tasks and promoting a clean and safe workspace.
Our production facility at Smeaton Grange is a 24-hour production site, operating a rotating roster over a 6-week period including day, afternoon and night shifts. Our brewing team is a group of talented and experienced brewers ranging from having many years of experience to our Trainee Brewers who are trained on all aspects of the beer production process.
In order to be successful in this role, you should have:
- Experience in a brewery or beverage/food production plant, and/or demonstrated knowledge of the brewing process and brewing techniques
- Forklift ticket (completed, or be in the processing of obtaining this)
- Ability to perform rotating shifts in a physically demanding work environment
- Experience working within a manufacturing/production environment working with packaging, canning or bottling lines would be ideal.
Applicants who have tertiary qualifications in brewing/food manufacturing or a related subject, and/or mechanical and electrical experience related to food/beverage manufacturing equipment will be highly valued.
The best brewers who have grown in our business are enthusiastic about producing the best possible product and have a desire to learn and grow, and always demonstrate a professional attitude. You must be a problem solver and a team player if you want to join our Tribe, so if this all sounds great send us your application and let us know a bit about you and why you should be here! Apply now at email@example.com.
Applications close February 16, 2019.