If you want to have a hand in brewing that wide selection of beer, they're hiring a brewer.
Job Description: Brewer
We are Tribe Breweries – innovative, agile and disruptive. Independent to the core, we exist to drive the rising tide, knocking down barriers and bridging gaps that would otherwise exist to drink better and drink different. Home to the largest number of independent craft beers in Australia we are a young and rapidly growing company; we have the freedom to create our own beat and operate at a formidable pace.
Every day our team is focused on offering drinker’s access to the finest beer products, and through our growing Tribe we seek to inspire and excite consumers about the craft beer revolution. Tribe Breweries has multiple brands within its stable including Stockade, Mornington Peninsula Brewery, Wilde Gluten Free and Pabst Blue Ribbon.
This role is located in our brand-new Goulburn facility, which is getting ready to brew and deliver much needed beer to the people. This is an opportunity for you to work with state-of-the-art brewing and packaging equipment and let your craft shine. The Tribe currently runs 4 breweries around Australia and is about to deliver a brand-new facility in Goulburn with significant capacity for growth over the next few years. The brewery will operate initially on a double shift roster plan with a move to 24/5 rostering by the end of this year due to the rapid production growth.
Responsibilities associated with this role include:
- Responsibility for the complex technological processes from brewhouse to packaging
- Brewing duties including brewing, cellaring, centrifuging, bottling and keg racking operations
- Supervision of quality control (CTA & Micro) against our QA standards and industry specifications
- Contribution to recipe development for proprietary brands and recipe conversions to match our client's brands with our brewing system
- Support the ongoing technological improvement training for all brewers in the group
- Compliance with preventative maintenance schedule and activities
- Adherence to best practice OHS standards.
The rotating roster includes day, afternoon and night shifts for our 24-hour plant - offering flexibility, and a learning opportunity to be partnered with various team members across the full spectrum of brewing and packaging processes. Working in a commercial brewery requires attention to the details and can be physically demanding work, but if brewing and craft beer is your passion, you will be right at home here, where you will have access to our excellent range of product - for quality control of course!
In order to be successful in this role, it is expected that you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in brewing and beverage technology or related subject (Weihenstephan, VLB)
- 5 years’ experience in a commercial brewery with good knowledge in quality control
- Experience in a contract brewing environment is highly desirable
- Desire to support the development of a fast-growing team of individuals
- Firm knowledge in filling technologies (Bottle, Can, Keg)
- Knowledge in HACCP, EHEDGE, ISO certification, BRC
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience in the use of process automation (esp. Brewmaxx)
- Ability to independently and proactively solve complex problems
- Communication skills to work effectively with colleagues, suppliers and clients
- Social skills and ability to represent the Tribe as a Brewer at public events
- A great passion for and about beer!
The best brewers who have grown in our business are enthusiastic about producing the best possible product and have a desire to learn and grow, and always demonstrate a professional attitude. If you want to join our Tribe, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know a bit about you and why you should be here!
Applications close April 15, 2019.