Brouhaha Brewery are based in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland; a beautiful part of the world and one that's becoming even better thanks to more local beer options.
The Queensland brewery is looking to hire a new brewer and if that sounds like you, read on.
JOB DESCRIPTION: ASSISTANT / LEAD BREWER
Brouhaha Brewery was founded in 2016 in Maleny in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland and has quickly developed a reputation far greater than its relative size. With a core range of seven beers, including a Strawberry Rhubarb Sour, Milk Stout and Raspberry Saison, this role is anything but boring!
With a huge emphasis on supplying fresh, seasonal beers for our brewpub and local market, the purchase of our own canning line and additional tanks has allowed us to expand to 250,000L per year, while still keeping all our beer within a few hours of where it is made.
Reporting to the Head Brewer, the key functions of this role include:
- Daily brewing, cellaring, canning and kegging operations with an exceptional level of attention to detail
- Performing quality control, cleaning, maintenance and warehousing tasks
- Have input into recipe development and refinement as well as brewery procedures and systems
- Setting up and running our canning line on packaging days
- Taking ownership of the brewery and ensuring it is clean and tidy at all times
- Represent Brouhaha at festivals and events
- Assist in staff training, education and customer engagement within the Brewpub
To be considered for the role, you’ll need the following:
- A love of quality, independent Australian beer
- Well developed communication skills
- A strong attention to detail
- Experience in a similar role for at least 12 months
- Current Australian drivers license
- QLD RSA
- Forklift license (desirable)
- Brewing qualifications (desirable)
If you think you tick all the boxes and would be a good fit for the Brouhaha team, we’re offering a competitive salary and the chance to work with a passionate and exciting team.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.