With their venue expansion finished (and looking bloody fantastic), the focus at Bright Brewery is now on expanding their production.
As such, they're after a second brewer.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BREWER
Bright Brewery is a family owned and operated brewery that has been producing reputable MountainCrafted beers in the spectacular alpine town of Bright since 2005.
We are seeking an experienced and qualified brewer to join our creative, innovative and fun team. The successful applicant will work alongside our Head Brewer. The precise nature and scope of the role will depend on your experience and interests, but generally your day to day duties will include wort production, cellar operations, yeast propagation, packaging (keg and bottle), basic lab work, and as always, lots of cleaning. You will also be involved in recipe development, taste panels, our HACCP program and continual improvement processes. You will complete and maintain brewing logs and supplementary documentation and have an understanding of excise and reporting obligations. Occasionally you may represent Bright Brewery at festivals, tastings, and industry events, so your ability to talk in an accessible and engaging way about the wonderful beer you make is a big plus.
- Have either experience working in a brewery or a brewing qualification.
- Have strong technical brewing knowledge, including knowledge of raw materials, wort production, yeast and fermentation, QC and troubleshooting.
- Have knowledge and/or experience of CIP.
- Have knowledge and/or experience of packaging and kegging (there will be lots of this!).
- Be physically fit, willing and able to perform labour intensive work.
- Be flexible and able to work around changing and seasonal production schedules.
- Have a dedication above all to beer quality.
Other desirable section criteria:
- Knowledge of HACCP programs.
- Forklift licence.
- Experience in production scheduling.
- Experience in product development.
- Knowledge of wastewater management.
- Lab experience.
- An ability to passionately talk about beer and the brewing process.
- An interest in the outdoors and the alpine environment.
The position is full time and a competitive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate, commensurate with their level of knowledge and experience.
In our rapidly growing company there will regularly be opportunities for career advancement to candidates who show dedication to their craft and a willingness to learn.
Bright Brewery is an equal opportunity employer and this position offers a chance to live in a truly beautiful place with world class mountain biking, cycling, hiking, camping, paragliding, snow and river sports. We encourage broad and active lifestyles, and flexible working arrangements may be negotiated to accommodate this.
Applications can be made confidentially by sending a covering letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, May 29, 2015.