Sydney's Akasha has become well known for their hop-forward beers and last year, the brewery rebranded and has been keeping busy with a regular roster of limited releases.
If you have marketing experience and strong communication skills, Akasha likely want to hear from you.
JOB DESCRIPTION: MARKETING ASSISTANT
Akasha is looking for an enthusiastic full-time marketing assistant to join our crew, reporting to our Marketing Manager.
Akasha Brewing Company, based in Five Dock NSW, was founded in 2015 and has quickly developed a reputation for producing some of the country’s favourite hop forward beers such as Hopsmith IPA, Freshwater Pale Ale and Korben Double IPA.
It’s an exciting time to be joining our marketing department and we’re looking for a hard-working quick-learning individual with a passion for beer and creativity.
You will be an integral part of the team, working closely with the whole Akasha Crew. You will be a clear communicator, highly organised with strong attention to detail, and an effective team player that can manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Supporting our Marketing Manager across all campaigns
- Creating and designing promotional and POS material
- Creating digital and off-line content (Promotional, POS, Photographs, Video)
- Collating and sending EDMs for both trade customers and mail list subscribers
- Keeping the Akasha website fresh and up to date (using Wordpress)
- Social Media (Creating copy, Scheduling posts, Responding to comments/messages)
- Researching current trends
- Presenting ideas for future campaigns
- Correlating results of completed campaigns and reporting to management
- Installation of in-house created signs, stencils etc.
- Supporting the sales team by organising and executing events / festivals
- Supporting the Taproom to organise and market events and promotions
- Assist in ad hoc marketing and event duties
Skills / Experience / Education:
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing or equivalent (or in the process of completing)
- At least one year of experience working in a similar role
- Proven graphic design & photography skills
- Experience working with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign) & video editing software
- Proactive, self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Strong communication skills
The following skills would be highly advantageous:
- Knowledge of SEO and social media marketing
- Experience with Wordpress
- Experience with Mailchimp or other email marketing platforms
A competitive salary commensurate with experience will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please send CV, cover letter and portfolio or examples of photography/ graphic design skills to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on January 15, 2021.