Your Mates Brewing are based on the Sunshine Coast and like to keep busy, with demand for their beer often outstripping what they can brew and the tight-knit team growing regularly.
If you're an experienced set of hands that would like to lead the brewery's production crew, they're hiring.
Job Description: Production Manager
About Your Mates
Your Mates Brewing Company is one of the fastest growing businesses in what is one of the highest growing sectors in the Australian beverage industry. The two founders built the business from scratch less than 5 years ago and the demand for their product continues to outstrip their capacity to supply. The brewery is located in Warana, on the beautiful Sunshine Coast where they employ a tight knit team of approximately 40 staff. Last year, their flagship beer, ‘Larry’ was voted the fifth most popular beer in Australia and their products are now ranged across Queensland through the large national retailers. To cope with this demand they need to maximise the production resources at their current location while continuing to focus on making the best beer they can. Your Mates have a genuine people-focused culture and burning ambition for quality, innovation and ongoing sustainable growth in Australia.
About the Role
We are looking for a high energy, positive legend with strong leadership skills to support and develop our team of 10 full time production staff. We are constantly growing and we are looking for someone to help us on that journey with experience in medium size brewing operations. You will be responsible for the entire process from procurement, inventory management, brewing, cellaring, packaging, storage and will have direct involvement in logistics.
About the Key Responsibilities
- Maintain and continuously improve the safe operation of our production facility
- Ensure all products are produced & packaged to company specifications and in line with quality and safety guidelines and expectations of our customers
- Direct and control manufacturing processes and production schedules to meet the market requirements and ensure the maximum utilisation of the plant, workforce and facilities
- Ensure the Operation performs within the budgetary guidelines
- Prioritise plant breakdown, and preventative maintenance
- Develop reporting methods and track production performance
- Design and implement strategies to improve production performances
- Provide authentic leadership and direction for the production team
- Mentor, coach and develop the production team to build a highly skilled workforce and strong team spirit
About the key skills
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications or extensive demonstrated experience within a FMCG environment
- Extensive experience leading teams and managing staff effectively
- Experience in scheduling and inventory management systems
- Experience in managing supply demand issues and forward planning growth
- Ability to develop and maintain trusting internal and external relationships
- Proactive problem-solving and analytical capabilities with the capacity to remain calm under pressure
- The confidence and ability to influence, manage and challenge ideas and existing business processes
- Strong knowledge in on-site safety and quality compliance
What we offer
- An energetic and innovative culture that is committed to supporting the continued growth and development of its business and people
- An opportunity to join a company experiencing exponential growth at the ground level
- Work in one of the most desirable locations in Australia
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject title 'Production Manager'.