Green Beacon are serial trophy-winners who started out in a brewpub in the Brisbane suburb of Teneriffe before adding a production facility in Geebung. And that's where they're looking to add another brewer to the team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: LEAD BREWER (GEEBUNG)
An exciting opportunity exists to join the award winning Green Beacon team in a full time role as Lead Brewer at the Geebung production facility.
Reporting to our Head Brewer and Production Manager, the primary purpose of the role is to manage and coordinate the Brewing Department at our Geebung production brewery (People, Plant, Process and Systems) in order to achieve the required standard of product quality and output in the most efficient and effective manner.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage and apply personnel processes including performance management and employee relations.
- Optimise process capabilities with a view to improve product quality and flavour stability.
- Manage budgeting process by controlling raw materials usage and reducing extract loss.
- Optimise staffing levels, shift configurations and brewing overtime.
- Facilitate and apply team problem solving, decision making techniques and principles.
- Optimise and reduce utilities usages including brewery waste management.
- Tertiary education in Engineering or the natural sciences (Ideally BSc Process or Mechanical Engineer, Biochemistry, Microbiology)
- Diploma in Brewing (IBD) & Master Brewer
- Five to seven years experience in brewing or related field at senior line management. Understanding of process control within a brewing/process environment
Skills and personal attributes:
- Assertive and analytical
- Good written and verbal communication
- Proven Technical Brewing Knowledge & Ability
- Proven leadership ability
- Good understanding of the principles and practices of VPO
- Good understanding of Asset Care principles and good practice
If you're passionate about making great beer and want to work at one of the most awarded breweries in Australia, we want to hear from you.
Send your resume and cover letter to Johann Van der Walt (Head Brewer) at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be in touch soon.