Burleigh Brewing's home on the Gold Coast is the best spot to try the wide range of beers and hospitality created by the Gold Coast team.
If you'd like to help run the venue, they're looking for a new taphouse manager.
NB: The brewery is also hiring a Technical Maintenance Technician, which you can read about here.
Job description: Taphouse Venue Manager
The Burleigh Brewing Taphouse Venue Manager will lead all elements of Burleigh Brewing taphouse operations and taphouse functions and events, while driving successful commercial outcomes.
To be successful in the role you will be excited and motivated to apply your extensive hospitality and venue management experience in a unique environment – no more post mid-night finishes or gaming rooms and kitchens to oversee!
Does this sound like you?
- Are you an experienced venue manager with a track record of excellence in team leadership and venue performance?
- Can you demonstrate prior success with coordinating successful delivery of complex and multi-faceted events?
- Would you be passionate about a 100% beer focussed role? Can you demonstrate a keen interest in craft beer (potentially through formal beer study / education)?
- Are you THAT person, who keeps everything and everyone humming along, with a smile and a supportive attitude, no matter what?
- Do you possess a thorough understanding of RSA, liquor licensing and related obligations and a thorough awareness of Award and OH&S related considerations when managing your team?
- take responsibility as if the venue belongs to you?
- live by your values – and do they align with ours?
- take pride in how your venue presents and the experience of each and every customer who visits?
- find joy in training and developing your team members?
- boast experience in venue-based marketing and social media?
- have a sophisticated awareness of best practice policies, procedures and operating systems and an eagerness to implement them and keep them humming?
If so, then you may be just the person we want to invite to join our team.
The tap house at Burleigh Brewing is a unique venue. Your entire focus and responsibility will be on supporting and enabling our team to deliver a consistently top-notch visitor experience and ensuring everyone leaves with a sense of who Burleigh Brewing is and what they love about us.
As well as nurturing, leading and coordinating our Taphouse crew (with the support of a very competent shift leader / 2IC), you will be responsible for:
- driving commercial taphouse targets / growth plans
- ensuring the venue is operating compliantly, safely, legally and within the operational expectations of the company
- managing and developing bar staff performance
- accuracy of tills and credit card reconciliations through ensuring staff compliance and best practice operating and cash handling procedures
- ensuring opening and closing procedures are strictly followed
- stock handling procedures, including diligent attention to inventory management, regular stock takes and resolution of differences (and their cause)
- coordination and organisation of events and activations within the taphouse, including communicating with multiple stakeholders
- coordination of the Taphouse calendar and A1 communication of same with relevant parts of the broader business
- maintaining product knowledge via in-house training and passing on the training to the taphouse team
- management of Taphouse operational costs, costs of goods and labour costs
- reporting to management efficiently and effectively
In addition to the elements already mentioned, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge / understanding / experience in:
- exemplary performance in customer service and an ability to lead by example to ensure a friendly and welcoming bar environment
- superior and effective communication
- reliable and honest
- strong work ethic
- working with live music equipment and musicians
- experience in tapping kegs and basic understanding of draught beer systems
- an eye for identifying and suggesting opportunities for ongoing improvement
You must hold current RSA and RMLV certificates and you must be able to supply references to evidence your previous experience and performance.
The role is full-time with hours likely to span various times from Thursday to Monday, however ad hoc events may mean these hours differ at times.
You must qualify residentially to work in Australia.
HOT TIP: we prefer applications that include an epic cover letter, highlighting your previous applicable experience and why you're a great fit for this role at Burleigh Brewing.
Applications close on April 27, 2021 and are to be forwarded only through SEEK please. Interviews may commence sooner so your prompt application is encouraged.