The Public Brewery has been a rip-roaring success since opening its doors in Croydon, attracting big crowds through the doors from day one.
They're in the process of building a second, larger production brewery, which means brewer Brendo is after an extra set of hands to help out.
JOB DESCRIPTION: ASSISTANT BREWER
The Public Brewery, located in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs, is looking for an experienced Assistant Brewer to join our team. After 12 months of brewing, The Public Brewery is undergoing significant growth and needs to expand the team to keep up with growing demand, which includes the upcoming installation of a production focused brewery in the coming months.
We are looking for someone who not only has a passion for beer but can also pass that knowledge on to the general public.
As a brewery which has public use facilities we require someone who has great interpersonal skills and is willing to be an educator as well as a brewer. You will have access to experiment with making different small batch brews based on your own recipes for sale on-site.
The successful applicant will be given extensive training on our new state of the art equipment and will be responsible for assisting in wort production, cellar management, filtration and packaging activities. Oh and lots and lots of cleaning.
We run regular brewing sessions with members of the public, so a passion for craft beer and the ability to talk about beer and the brewing process is absolutely essential to be successful in this role.
Skills and key qualifications required by the role:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A keen attention to detail in all areas
- Ability to problem solve and work creatively
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Happy working both independently without supervision as well as part of a fast moving team
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, while maintaining a high standard of quality
- Be physically fit, willing and able to perform labour intensive work
- Flexibility around shifts, with a requirement for regular weekend work
- Must have minimum one/three years commercial brewery experience with relevant references
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate, or the ability to gain one
- Current forklift licence (desirable)
- Brewing related education would be a distinct advantage.
This is a permanent, full-time role (subject to a three month probationary period), initially a Wednesday to Sunday roster.
Your application should include a cover letter detailing how your prior experience will be relevant at The Public Brewery, as well as an up to date CV. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant, based on experience, qualification and skill.
Applications close September 9, 2015