Few breweries have made such an impact as quickly as Young Henrys.
Since opening, the Newtown brewery has become synonymous with inner west Sydney – no self-respecting bar it seems is without a YH tap in that part of town.
They’ve also brewed with all manner of bands and artists and throw parties that are not to be missed at their home.
And now there’s an opportunity for a brewer to become part of their mission to “Serve The People”.
Job Description: Senior Brewer
Young Henrys Brewery is looking for an experienced brewer to join their small team which is making some of the countryâs best craft beer and cider. This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate brewer with strong commercial experience to be part of a fast growing, innovative, and dynamic company. Young Henrys is a close knit team and the successful candidate will have drive, a sense of humour, love of good music, a healthy but in-check ego, and a fascination with of all things craft along with the required skills and experience. This is a senior role that will require working with the leadership group of the brewery in a very flat structured organisation that recognises the voices of dedicated, hard working and passionate employees.
Required Skills & Experience
- Tertiary education in brewing or related sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years commercial experience.
- Team leadership experience with demonstrated achievement of KPIs.
- Ability to efficiently run a brew house maintaining high quality of output.
- Knowledge of effective CIP practice & high standards of sanitation.
- Ability to perform and implement QC tests and procedures.
- Well-developed sensory skills and understanding of beer faults and their causes.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively whilst maintaining extremely high standards.
- Experience of earth & sterile filtration.
- Experience with running a packaging line.
- Understanding of key quality parameters required to produce high quality beer.
- Willingness to represent the brewery at functions and events.
- A good record collection
- Eagerness to push the boundaries and produce oneâoff cutting edge brews
- Be able to hold your own in Beer Pong
If this sounds like you please send your application to Richard Adamson at Richard@younghenrys.com